News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-11-08 10:18
The guy knew how to bend the strings didn't he? Too bad he didn't have more recording success. But according to his bio he did well as a writer.

Hey...at least you got your sanity back eh? LOL!!!
Thats debatable  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

rmk57

My sister inherited a about a 5000-6000 record collection. Shes working on trying to sell most off on Discogs or through private sales.

Davey Allen and the Arrows, blues theme... great song for a cheesy movie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UBZdrJJEwQ
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

scottegibbs

Well, I finally drove up to Maine to pick up my 57! It was cold and rainy up there and reminded me of why I left the state in the first place (although I very much love my home state, Maine) After I got it home (it seemed the trip took forever!) I struggled with a few issues. The safety neutral switch was bad, the accelerator diaphragm was bad, the ballast resistor was bad (all fixed now!). I still have some wiring issues from previous owners, but I'm working them out. I'd like to give a shout out to all the folks that post information here as I wouldn't have figured out the ballast resistor issue and some of the other wiring issues!!  :006: She is no show queen, but she is a great car to cruise around in!! Can't wait to get moved up to the Ocala FL area and join some of the cruise nights up there! Does anyone know if it's cheaper to get a power window motor repaired or replace it with a re-manufactured one? The next major project will be checking out and maybe rebuilding the brake system as they are very spongy! Thanks for everything!!
.         ____________              1957 Ford Fairlane
         /                     \             1990 Ford Ranger
      |\  ----------------  /|          2005 F-250
      (o)____________(o)          2016 Escape
      (______|___|_____)

mustang6984

Quote from: rmk57 on 2019-11-08 21:11
  My sister inherited a about a 5000-6000 record collection. Shes working on trying to sell most off on Discogs or through private sales.

I did NOT need to hear/read that! LOL!!! I would probably sit there with  root-beer and finger through every single one of those records. And buy more than my share!  :laughing7:
When we get moved into our place in Missouri...my albums and stereo and turntable are coming out of their forced retirement and into their own room...where I can listen to them at my leisure. And if I went to see her..I would just add more to that collection!   :003: Hopefully you are not now going to tell me she lives in either WA state or MO...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

mustang6984

She looks really nice to me! Congrats.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Car looks great, Scott. That's a really pretty blue. Did I understand you drove it from Maine to Florida, or tow? The things you mentioned sound like relatively minor issues, so glad you made it with just those to be fixed. Thanks for posting.......always great seeing what the new guys are up to.
Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Great looking car. Make the brakes your #1 priority.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

scottegibbs

Thanks for the replies guys! I did tow it down on a uhaul car trailer Rich. I contemplated driving it down, but glad I didn't because of the bunch of little problems  I encountered when I got it home! LOL When I got to the car with the trailer, I was a little worried that the car wouldn't fit, but everything worked out great. The car is not as original as my friend thought it was. Still has the original motor and trans as far as I can tell. 66K on the odometer. My friend had it tucked away in his garage for the last 10 years and didn't get to use it much. His wife wanted the space to put her car in for the winter so with a tear in his eye, he offered it to me and I accepted without seeing it! He is a brother Mason so I didn't doubt his word on the condition! I am so glad to be in Florida so I can play with it year round and feel bad for those of you that have to put them away for the winter! And yes, the brakes will be a priority!!
.         ____________              1957 Ford Fairlane
         /                     \             1990 Ford Ranger
      |\  ----------------  /|          2005 F-250
      (o)____________(o)          2016 Escape
      (______|___|_____)

gasman826

As I'm trying to beat the first, spitting snow, '57 projects are set aside to get things tucked in for winter.  Once I get the '41 back on the frame table with sheet metal piled on, there will be room in the shop for the Raunch Wagon with a list of maintenance items.  The cammer fits like it belongs.

mustang6984

Quote from: gasman826 on 2019-11-09 20:28
As I'm trying to beat the first, spitting snow, '57 projects are set aside to get things tucked in for winter.  Once I get the '41 back on the frame table with sheet metal piled on, there will be room in the shop for the Raunch Wagon with a list of maintenance items.  The cammer fits like it belongs.

Is that a 6-speed I see in the hump? Gonna be a sweet ride that one is!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

The JD needed an oil change and a little brake service before putting on the cab and snow blower.

gasman826

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2019-11-09 20:34
Is that a 6-speed I see in the hump?   :003:

T56 Magnum fresh out of the box.

PIC:  back seat

mustang6984

Quote from: gasman826 on 2019-11-09 20:42
T56 Magnum fresh out of the box.

PIC:  back seat

SWEET! All quality vehicles have 3 pedals! (I have 2 explorers...BOTH have 5=speeds! LOL!!!) Might have to make a trip out to MA one day this next summer and take a look-see! Once I get moved to MO it'll be a much closer trip to drive around and see cars!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Jeff Norwell

Can Hardly wait until "FORD vs. FERRARI" comes out soon this month!!!!....I gotta a feeling it will be fantastic..... from friends who have worked on the production...... Christian Bale is a great Actor.
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com