News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

alvin stadel

I guess I'm a little different than most of you, I love the music and the cars esp. my 57's, how ever when I'm running down the road all I want to here is the RPM's and sound of my engine. Than when I arrive at my destination the radio comes back on, then I guess I'm with the rest of you.  Take care, Alvin

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2019-11-14 02:49
would love to comment on all your statements, Tom and Hugh, but seems impossible, or we have to write a book... :002:
Several books.   

Tom S

Following up on this ...
Quote from: Tom S on 2019-11-13 20:30
I'd guess that most of you are familiar with the tune 'Hot Rod Lincoln' but wonder how many know how that tune came to be. It was influenced by a tune that came out 5 years before 'Hot Rod Lincoln' & is kind of a country soundin' thing.
Hint: It's a song about a Ford, a Mercury, & finally 'a hopped up model A' that I used to hear it on the radio when I was a real little kid.  I liked it.
I'll hit you up with that tune a bit later.  8)
Am I the only old geezer here that heard & remembers the 1950s tune 'Hot Rod Race'?
Here is the original version by Arkie Shibley. Whoever stuck the very wrong car on the illustration for this really screwed up but I sure like the rest of the pic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE4LvufoNvI

This is Red Foley's version of Hot Rod Race.  I think this version is the one I used to hear on the radio as a little kid & it does sound better than the original IMO. The Model A is mentioned at the very end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8P-QBA0Euo
Maybe it made a big impression on 5-6 year old me, was car crazy even back then. And I'll probably keep my 'hopped up model A' until I drop dead. 
When I went searching for this tune several years ago I found that there were quite a few other tunes that followed up & kept the story going. There were some consequences  that resulted from the original race received from law enforcement.   I'd never heard any of those old tunes.

Thor

I was catching up on all the music discussions on here. One of the things I miss from when I grew up was comedy albums from the 70's and 80's. I found this on YouTube this morning and really got a chuckle out of it. Thought I would share.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myBJBsTp7-c

RICH MUISE

Yeah, Thor..........I not only miss the comedians of our era, but I really miss the days when all of us from different ethnic backgrounds all laughed TOGETHER at the back and forth ethnic jokes. That's something the people of today don't seem to understand. No malice, no prejudice, just folks from different backgrouds and heritages having a laugh together. Funny you mentioned that, because I often get lost on You Tube, like a few days ago when I drifted off from one of the videos that was linked here into the comedy videos. Dean Martin roasts Frank Sinatra, Rich Little on the Tonight Show, etc. I was lost for hours. Don Rickles was a master very few would understand today.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

It all stems from "PARTICIPATION TROPHIES"!  No more winners and losers, you make the team because you showed up, you get to play because you're on the team, you are never told NO!  You are never told there is no such thing as a "SAFE PLACE", the world will come and get you!  And, when you fail you start looking for who to blame......off my box now.  Got my second cup of coffee now and the breathing is back to normal again:<)
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lalessi1

Quote from: Tom S on 2019-11-16 01:23
Following up on this ...Am I the only old geezer here that heard & remembers the 1950s tune 'Hot Rod Race'?
Here is the original version by Arkie Shibley. Whoever stuck the very wrong car on the illustration for this really screwed up but I sure like the rest of the pic.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IE4LvufoNvI

This is Red Foley's version of Hot Rod Race.  I think this version is the one I used to hear on the radio as a little kid & it does sound better than the original IMO. The Model A is mentioned at the very end.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8P-QBA0Euo
Maybe it made a big impression on 5-6 year old me, was car crazy even back then. And I'll probably keep my 'hopped up model A' until I drop dead. 
When I went searching for this tune several years ago I found that there were quite a few other tunes that followed up & kept the story going. There were some consequences  that resulted from the original race received from law enforcement.   I'd never heard any of those old tunes.

I actually never heard that song. I WOULD remember, it is great!
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Me neither, Lynn.
Bill, not sure if it all began with that or it's just part of the vicious circle. Say, weren't we the generation that was gonna fix all the world's problems?? Man we sure screwed up. Can we have do-overs?
Speaking of do-overs........I'm back to working on our kitchen/laundry room. It was a project that got put on hold when I had to replace my engine, then on hold while I worked on outside projects while the weather was good.
I seem to constantly run into things with this house I had never dealt with before. Kitchen and laundry room had horrible wallpapers that I'm finally getting to the last of. I love wallpaper, been doing alot of it in this house since we bought it. Problem I discovered with the kitchen area is what I thought was one layer of wallpaper to remove was actually the top layer. There are 3 layers underneath.....wait for this........topcoated with a clearfinish to make it waterproof, and then a 1/16 layer of plaster, unpainted, to which the top wallpaper was adhered to. On one small area before I figured out what it was, I had gotten down below the layer of plaster to remove what was under it when I figured out it was waterproofed, so remover wasn't going to work. Took about 5 hours to clean an area about 2 ft x 5 ft. After I figured that out, and sure didn't want to be doing the rest of it that way, I began carefully removing the top layer without using scrapers to not damage the thin plaster coat.
My guess is it was done when years ago, somebody figured out the original wallpapers were going to be a massive headache to remove. I just wish they had painted the coat of plaster before they rewallpapered.Before I rewallpaper, I'm putting a coat of Kilz sealer/primer. Laundry room is going to take some time....I can only move one appliance out of the way at a time.

hiball3985

The happy home owner  :003: Every time I take on a project my mind flashes back the the move "The Money Pit"
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

My latest approach to wallpaper is to Kilz over it, mud the seams and texture over it. Much easier than trying to remove it. I am to the point where I am remodeling my first remodels. No more wallpaper for me.... :003:
Lynn

mustang6984

Wall paper, vinyl siding, aluminum siding and aluminum roofs were created by Lucifer! I hate and despise all. Coin toss as to which is worst!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alvin stadel

The wife and I went to Ford vs. Ferrari, what a great movie. No one got shot & killed, or raped,  just a good fast action movie.  I will go again.  On another note, I got to meet Terry 208 {Terry Bly} yesterday. He came over from Idaho and relieved me of some parts. It was a quick trip for him, I'd have really like to have more visit time with him. He's the 3rd forum member I have got to meet, would really like to meet more but when you live far away from most of you it doesn't happen very often. Take care, Alvin

mustang6984

Alvin...wish I had known he was heading over to see you...I might have had him bring that hood back to his lace. Oh well...not like I need it right this minute anyhow. We'll get it done soon enough.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

It's great meeting forum members. I'll have to see if I can remember all the ones I've met, I think around 13 or 14. Only 3 from Texas though. There's a handful I'd still like to meet.

mustang6984

:dontknow: Well...does Sasha count? LOL!!! Then there is that clown that drives her around...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker