News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

terry_208

Rich, I hope you're having a great birthday!  I celebrated for you here with an extremely big meal. lol
Terry

alvin stadel

I'v never been one to do much reading, however yesterday I picked up a book I'v had for some time now, Ford Chronicle [1902 -1983]. More pictures than words but find it very interesting, don't know why I waited so long to get into it. Lots of stuff on 57's. Take care, Alvin

Ford Blue blood

Must be a bunch of folks are reading.....not a single entry on the site yesterday?

I know, I know, catching up with life after the big weekend and lets not forget the "black" sales.  Might be out there today myself!

Looking at getting a new refrigerator.  The old one is 25 years old, still works but is having issues with the ice maker and door gaskets.  Easy enough to fix but am looking at an upgrade and doing the ol kitchen remodel thing.  So that has turned into frig, oven and dishwasher.  "They have to match" says the wife......might just bite the bullet, get all three and keep the oven and dishwasher in the wings until the construction end is finished. 

Rich is this "off topic"? :<)
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Jeff Norwell

I find this strange.... yes. this site is a little slow.... which I have no problem..... Some of you are on FB... many are not.... thats cool.. But there are 2 -3 groups just dedicated to 57 Fords on FB..... VERY Heavy activity ..... when I see who is on line.. and so may "Guests"....I wonder why these guests don't participate on this site?

Yea..I know all the reasons everyone hates Facebook.. so do i ..BUT ASIDE FROM THAT.... I wonder that question.
There is even a nice group dedicated to this site.(Thanks James!)
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

"Rich is this "off topic"? :<)"
Haha, not at all, Bill. That's why I started this Morning Coffee many year's ago with Jame's approval. It's hard to get to know your fellow club members if ya can't talk about the rest of your life.
I'm just at the tail end of a kitchen refresh. We replaced the wall oven when we moved in, the dish washer 6 months after that. We needed a new refrigerator right from the get-go when we bought the house a few years ago because the one we had was too big for the alloted space in the kitchen. Fortunately, the space in the laundry room for a second frig was big enough for our old one. Just yesterday I finally ran a water supply line to that one for another icemaker. A year or so ago I built in a microwave above the stove. These 1957 houses just didn't make places to put microwaves for some reason, lol. My kitchen project got derailled when I had to replace the engine in my '57 (see, all this stuff ties in, lol), and after about starting it about a year ago, I should be done in a few weeks. I work slow. I finally got all the new wallpapering done. It was good to finally see the last of the dark red and mustard yellow theme no longer in the house! Hah, "counting flowers on the wall, that don't bother me at all", I lost count, but between the livingroom and kitchen/laundry area, I've hung about 34 rolls of wallpaper.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Swank

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2019-12-02 07:16
I find this strange.... yes. this site is a little slow.... which I have no problem..... Some of you are on FB... many are not.... thats cool.. But there are 2 -3 groups just dedicated to 57 Fords on FB..... VERY Heavy activity ..... when I see who is on line.. and so may "Guests"....I wonder why these guests don't participate on this site?

Yea..I know all the reasons everyone hates Facebook.. so do i ..BUT ASIDE FROM THAT.... I wonder that question.
There is even a nice group dedicated to this site.(Thanks James!)

Havent been on the Face for a really long time now.   Recently heard the most fitting description of it,  "FaceBook, where old people go to argue".  Haa.  Pretty sure thats the perspective from millennials.
In the past, just scrolling through some of the 57 ford groups on the Face, seems like there's a lot of people talking but not a lot of people "knowing".    So I came here for way more concise information.  Not sure I can say this contraption would be rolling if I had to rely on the FB groups, seeing how I knew absolutely nothing about a 57 Ford before a couple years ago.
-Eugene

'57 Fairlane Town Sedan
"...paint it black, put it back!"
_________
1964 Ford Fairlane 500 (goner)
1970 Ford Torino (goner)
1976 MGB (goner)
1988 Chevy Suburban (goner)
1966 Volkswagen (goner)

mustang6984

I have seen part of Rich's handiwork in the kitchen remodel! Was looking really nice when I saw it...and I can see in my mind what he is talking about having finished. Congrats Rich! Are you finally able to close your eyes without seeing wall paper in your sleep? LOL!!!

I stay away from Facebook. Way too many narcissistic people there for my taste. Reminds me of twitter in some ways. Endless mindlessness!
I am on the road at the moment...in Livingston Montana, got stopped here last night by Mother Nature's little temper tantrum...winds so bad the MSP shut down the hiway. Back n the road here in about an hour.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: Jeff Norwell on 2019-12-02 07:16
... Some of you are on FB ...
I refuse to join Facebork. One reason is that from it's start it's been hacked many times for peoples personal information.  Of course if you are on the net & post on boards like this it's still easy enough for people to find a lot of your personal info. I've had my home address tracked down by people on other boards.   
Considering how many people FB has 'assimilated' maybe I should call it FaceBorg.   One would almost think that it is an actual requirement for everyone in the world to be on 'FaceBorg'.
Seems like every government origination, news outlet, police departments & social origination has a page there.
"Like us on FB." "For more information see our FB page @ ..."
Drives me nuts.     

mustang6984

Funny thing about Facebook...less...much Much MUCH less than 1/2 the country is part of it. They sure make it sound like the world is though.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

lalessi1

In my tenure as a state employee a former Microsoft Exec was appointed as the chief. He moved from the Northwest to Baton Rouge and began encouraging employees to bike to work. He had NO experience with 80 degree dewpoints and 92 degree temperatures. Anybody that tried to bike to work needed a shower when they got to work. This guy demanded that every employee had a personal Facebook account (he lasted a year). I opened one and put the absolute minimum required information and never opened it since. Social media is a scourge on humanity!!!!! I'm jus' venting!  8)
Lynn

alvin stadel

Huge, aka mustang6984 stopped in to visit me this afternoon, got here about 12 and left around 3. He is on his way to his place in Branson M. Huge  makes the 4th member I have met.  It was a good afternoon, a lot of random BS, and I like that.  One thing about it when you meet one of us for the first time its kind of like knowing him for a long time  as there is so much in common and from reading their stuff on the forum. I'd have to say this forum is a great place to make new friends.  Take care, Alvin

hiball3985

I refuse to become part of Social media, I hate it.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

Don't have a cell except the TRAC for travel, don't Facebook, don't text, don't tweet and don't twerk.......drives my kids nuts! 

Yup, still have the ol land line and an answering machine.  I have one of those little tapes that the first answer machine had in it.  Changed it out when we went to portable home phones. 

I keep the original rotary phone from 1965 my folks got when the party lines were eliminated, it still works.  I use it to trouble shoot phone failures.  Plug that bad boy into the box on the outside with the house disconnected, no tone - phone company problem, tone - house has an issue.

Don't get me wrong, technology is great.  Just need to be careful your life doesn't get controlled by it.  Look up and see the sun!  Without technology there would be no 57fordsforever site, there would be no 502 rear wheel HP that gets 20 MPG at 75 MPH, there would not be the medical breakthroughs and cures we enjoy.

OK, done for now.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

My thoughts........I love some of the hi tech stuff, but I'm totally lost with most of it. I love my GPS especially in high traffic metro areas. And I never thought I'd like my iphone so much. I'm always asking Siri something. She comes in handy when you can't remember stuff. Last year I was in an argument with someone over the fact that '58 Ford wagons were not like the Ranchero's. The guy kept insisting that '58 wagons had the '57 tailights like Rancheros. I asked Siri for a pic of a '58 Ford wagon........argument over! A few weeks ago I was driving out in the boonies and for the heck of it, I asked Siri where I was....presto, a map popped up with a cursor showing my locatgion. I had no idea she could do that. I don't even carry my camera any more.
On a different note. I think right now us old guys have the best of both worlds. It's out there if we want it, but we've lived most of our lives without it, so we're not dead in the water without it. I worry about future generations........our grandkids, etc. How lost are they gonna be if it's not available?

Hugh called me last night while on the road driving thru Wyoming. He talked alot about enjoying his visit with Alvin and how impressed he was with Alvin's quality of work. A real craftsman, to quote Hugh. Wish Alvin would figure out the picture posting thing!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

terry_208

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2019-12-03 09:48
Hugh called me last night while on the road driving thru Wyoming. He talked alot about enjoying his visit with Alvin and how impressed he was with Alvin's quality of work. A real craftsman, to quote Hugh. Wish Alvin would figure out the picture posting thing!

When I visited Alvin, I too was impressed with the quality of his work.  The very few minutes we visited let me know that we have a lot in common.  I'm already trying to figure out an excuse to visit him again, when we can really have a good visit!
Terry