News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2020-01-16 13:09
How 'bout some good old fashioned and fresh sounding Country and Western song ?  :001:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSjFtccZAbM

Nothing says early C&W music than a pedal steel guitar. Good song.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

djfordmanjack

so true, Randy !
here's Dale Watson ! met him on his European tour some years ago. he got some talent, wow. and his band all the same.
Can't get away of all these dringking songs, obviously that's country... :003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYcqX6q3Bz0

but this really, his song

57 Fairlane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO-bx-ZWq-s

Marc

Now that's some good music right there!

rmk57

One of my dads favorites and kind of rubbed off on me to. I remember as a kid him picking away on guitar to this and few other of his songs. The "Singing Ranger" Hank Snow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h4SrHaYYNCs
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

djfordmanjack

Oh yes ! Moving on, one of my favorites to listen while out on the road!

here's another one of those GREAT artists with a mellow voive. they sure swing !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnEMOQTh27s

hiball3985

57 FAIRLANE is a new one to me, not happy about him standing on the fender..
I was always amazed at how popular C&W is in Japan..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Tom S

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2020-01-16 16:39
...here's Dale Watson ! met him on his European tour some years ago. ...
If ya ever meet him again I hope you smack him up 'longside the head for standing on the hood of that Fairlane! :013:

RICH MUISE

Been checking off a few things on my list of things to get done on the '57. I finally got the rest of the engine compartment cleaned up from the mess I had when one of my fuel line fittings (sprinlock) undid itself last fall. Aside from all the black stuff over everything from the fuel disolving whatever it is that Ford put between the hood support and outer skin, it also screwed up the paint on my air intake plenum. So, got the plenum stripped and repainted. Originally I had spray canned it, but this time I did the basecoat/clearcoat, so hopefully it'll be a bit more resistant to normal wear and tear. While I had the plenum off, I cleaned the throttle body, and MAF sensor, lubricated the throttle cable, cleaned and lightly re-oiled my K&N air filter, and got everything cleaned up and polished.
I took my vent cover off and lubricated the wiper arm system, replaced a broken windshield washer hose. I also cleaned and repainted the vent screen. I got all my coolant hoses tightened up, but found I still have a leak in the heater hose somewhere above the exhaust manifold. I have the downpipes heat wrapped, and when the car sits for a while, the wrapping gets soaked, so after the car start warming up, it starts steaming until that coolant gets burnt off.  I've looked three or 4 times to find where it's leaking, but to no avail so far. It's not much, maybe an inch or so in the radiator in a month's time.
I brought the car to a detailer and had him shampoo the carpet and upholstery. Yesterday I pulled the driver's seat and redyed it. This was the second time I redyded since driving the car.....the stuff wears off after a lot of use. I only needed to do the driver's seat, but I picked up a new can of the same dye, and it's enough different from the lot I originally used so that I'm gonna have to pull the passenger seat and redo it as well.
I did get the steering wheel redyed, looks so much better. I'll get the car out in the sun today so I can have a look at whether or not I'll have to redye the back seat as well.....hard to tell with the garage lighting and smoked glass.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Sounds like you plan on spending all your summer driving and not messing with repairs and such! And that you are about ready to go as well! I am looking forward to seeing you and the car again! Especially since the last time we were together it had a stomach ulcer of sorts! LOL!!!  :burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

yeah, unlike where I built the car, my garage stays pretty comfortable. Even when the temps drop into the teens, the garage rarely goes below 50 even without heat. Doesn't take long for my combo A/C and heat window unit to get it up where I like it @ 65 or so. So, before when I had to avoid frequent winter days, now I don't.
My paint supply shop didn't have another can of the Sems Color coat, won't be in til Tuesday. I did get the passenger seat out and dyed, but don't have enough left for the back seat. In the meantime, I've got 3 or 4 things I need to fix/redo in the back seat area anyways. Tonight I'm gonna pull the passenger rear fixed window and do a better job of getting the seal in place. Lol, I did a big long write up when I installed the drivers side rear window because everyone was having a tough time getting the seals to fit the way they should. James made a sticky out of it. When I did the passenger side, I ignored all that pain in the butt stuff I did on the drivers side. Yep, shoulda listened to my own advise because the drivers side still fits almost perfect and the pass. side looks like hell.
Btw, I don't think the dye lot changed that much.......I just realized the stuff I sprayed on was pretty much dissipated over the years, just worse on the driver's seat of course. And I just figured out it was probably about 8 years ago I did that initial color change. Wow, time flies. Funny, I remember thiking a month or so ago, that my interior looked a little dingy to me, and I didn't know why. Big difference now.

mustang6984

You are making progress...and that is what counts. Unlike me...spending my time in Branson trying to get things done...or when i WA trying to...get more things done...all so we can move. So...I am jealously green with envy! :sad3:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Found this interesting brand on ebay. I was looking for another Chinese solenoid to replace the one that's already given up the ghost. I had no idea Ford would have had such an item. From back in the time when the cheap stuff was made in Japan, lol. It's on it's way.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-OEM-Ford-12V-Power-Trunk-Hatch-Opener-Release-Solenoid/183332233470?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

mustang6984

Looks like you bought the last one.  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

that was an interesting find Rich. it's always great when we can find such handy universal parts for a good price. I bet that 1987 quality is much better than todays bubble gum.

terry_208

I don't know what I expected other than a much larger size solenoid.  With such a small size, it should be relatively easy to mount.  Do you have pictures of the install?  IIRC you used a small pulley to facilitate the installation.
Terry