News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

fdlrc

That was my initial reaction also; the bubble top car was built on Full Custom Garage by Ian Roussel. I see he has moved his shop out in the desert, neighbor of Gene Winfield.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

Tom S

Quote from: fdlrc on 2020-02-20 09:30
That was my initial reaction also; the bubble top car was built on Full Custom Garage by Ian Roussel. I see he has moved his shop out in the desert, neighbor of Gene Winfield.
Saw part of the show with that car a while ago. Took a pic of the TV screen. 
Before the bubble top.

mustang6984

Guess we all need to go to Alaska and visit Tom...eat his food...drink his beer...and then go over to Wasilla and see this gem!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS9XFuOmD6U&feature=emb_rel_end
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Now that is cool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

djfordmanjack

sweet story and couple ! makes one smile !

CobraJoe

What time are we leaving?  :003:
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Tom S

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2020-02-29 18:37
Guess we all need to go to Alaska and visit Tom...eat his food...drink his beer...and then go over to Wasilla and see this gem!
Ha! Unless you like food from a can or some crappy mass produced frozen stuff I never have any food here that you'd wanna eat. I'm starvin'! I do have some cheap beer though.
But racing season is on here!  That is if you're into dog sled racing. : (
The 3 day "Open World Championship sled dog race" held each year during Anchorage's Fur Rendezvous must have wrapped up today.  That used to be kind of a big deal when I was a kid.
If you get here by next Saturday you can do downtown to watch the ceremonial start of the annual 1000 mile Iditarod Trail Sled Dog Race. Then the next day go a ways north of 'Wasilly' to Willow where you can stand around freezin' yer buns off & watch the actual start of of the Iditarod  race.  Remember, there ain't a road to Nome & almost all of this race is a long, long ways from anything resembling civilization.
And, no, I'm not into any of that stuff.
I did see that Red Wagon car at our annual Show & Shine quite a few years ago.

Tom S

BTW, we actually did have auto racing during Anchorage's Fur Rendezvous for many decades but haven't now for over decade.  : (
I used to pit for different people in the Fur Rondy Grand Prix.  Sometimes I was the pit 'crew'.
Here's a short vid I did in 2008. I had several friends in the race including the guys driving the Porsche powered VW Beetles, always by far the fastest cars there.
My blurb for the vid:
"A few clips from the last few years, mostly 2006. Do not be deceived by the wrappers, those VW Super Beetles are running high HP Porsche engines & trick suspensions, very fast.
The Anchorage Fur Rendezvous Grand Prix is, or was, the oldest continuous annual street race in the USA. Running from the very early 1960's to 2006. Sadly, due to lack of funds or support of sponsors it has not run for the last two years. It is coming back On March 6th & 8th of 2009. Long may it run!"

You can probably find some better vids of the race on YouTube than this one of mine though. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqZ7Y3KLdkE   

mustang6984

LOL!!! Well...if I come up...I will cook for you then! I make several mean meatloafs, roast, (beef or pork), spaghetti and of course steak! You will eat well if I come up there!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Ike and Tina. You got what you wanted

lyrics became very true for the two of them. great song with a wild riff and strong composition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wro7MOrGK3A

Ford Blue blood

Yet another run of the "40 days and 40 nights" event.  That's OK, have daughter, grand daughter and their fur baby in house for the week  The dog has made himself very comfortable, jumped into my spot on the couch and gives me the look when I move him from my spot!  He is a good critter thoughand is fun to have for a visit.  Not much work going to get done but it is OK. 

Going to hit the NSRA Appreciation Day this Saturday to get the season kicked off.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Well, I guess somebody has to bring it up............the Coronavirus. Very scary stuff for the age group most of us fall into. Is it changing your plans/life any at this point? There have been no reported cases that I'm aware of in North Texas, but we're  very aware of course and are being very careful about close contact. I'm still meeting with my car buddies, but avoiding the normal handshakes and hugs, and standing back a step when talking to friends. I did go to an indoor car show this past weekend. It was not to crowded and as I said, no reports of the virus in Amarillo yet. I guess it's gonna be elbow-bump time for a while.
Unless it gets a lot worse, I'm not too worried about open air car shows and gatherings, as most of them are not that crowded and close contact can be easily avoided. An exception to that, for me, might be the upcoming July 4th show in Santa Fe, if they are still having it. It's very crowded.
I'm sure other places in the country are a whole lot different as we speak, particularly in Washington. Jim, Hugh....what's going on with you guys? I know Hugh is still in Branson, but his family / home is still in Wash. Yeah, I know Washington is a big state, so hopefully the problem areas are not too near you guys.
We could be living in a very different world 1-2 or 6 months from now.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

We've had one senior die in a care home about 1 mile from where we live from it. One of the care workers returned from a trip to Iran, came back to work, never thought to get tested or scared of being quarantined for a couple weeks. It turns out she infected 6 other nurses/ care workers in the facility and who knows how many other seniors. Think how many people the 6 other care workers came in contact with. This is turning out to be much more serious than I thought it ever would be.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

mustang6984

My family is across the water from Vancouver Island...pretty remote part of the state. LONG way from Seattle/Tacoma area.
I am still here in Branson, and no one here is too worried. I am not either to be honest. My take on all this is that it is a lot of overblown media hype. More people have died from other things in the last few days than from this virus.
Unless you are already sick or have some immunity issues, this is not going to kill you. By summer it will over and life will return to normal. I remember the big panic of the swine flu as well...another killer flu. I'm not worried.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

alvin stadel

Yes Huge I remember the swine flue, you had a high fever and wanted to screw in the mud.