News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

I am "quarantined" in Branson area as well. I am getting some things done around the apartment building...but was supposed to be leaving on the 6th of April to go back to WA.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

forgot to mention...gas is down to the high 1.50s at the Love's around town.
Also, we've had a rash of car burglaries in our neighborhood the past few months. Night before last they got into my Subaru that I had apparently forgot to lock after unloading. Nothing taken or damaged, only reason I knew they were in it was all the gloveboxes were open and the door not closed tight. When we bought the house it had an older  4 camera security setup, but the image was so bad we just never used it. One of those cameras was pointed right at the Subaru. Next time I won't have the coulda woulda shoulda's...........I ordered an 8 camera 4k HD night vision system yesterday.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

I know place we can put them if you ever catch the buggers...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-03-30 23:45
forgot to mention...gas is down to the high 1.50s at the Love's around town.
Per GasBuddy the average price for regular gas here is $2.439
Lowest price shown for regular on Monday the 30th was $2.15 & highest was $2.99.

mustang6984

$1.73 lowest I have seen in Branson...but it is cheaper in the south side of Springfield coming up 65 from Branson. Not sure how much...just know it always is.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

gasman826

I haven't been out to see gas prices.  I'm not going anywhere so gas price doesn't matter much.  Great for those that have to:  the essentials.  Not only are the toilet paper shelves bare but the ammo shelves are picked.  Cameras are serviced.  Guns cleaned and loaded.  I'm not carrying yet and hope I don't need to.

Ford Blue blood

What Gary says!  No cameras but all the rest.  Funny how times like this bring out the best of folks and also bring out the scum in some.  I do carry, have since retiring from the Navy in 93.  After being shot at by folks that wanted me dead in the three combat situations over my carrier I decided I was not going to go down with out a fight, or at least trying.  That and I'm a really good shot with both hand and long guns.  Just have keep your head on a swivel, never become complacent and be prepared.

Just got back from the "old folks early shopping" at Wally World.  Was nice, four checkout lines opened instead of the usual one + 20 or less.  Guess they finally figured out us old buggers like checks, not cards.  The shelves were fully stocked...except paper products.  No paper towels?  Some TP, some wipes and lots of Kleenex.  Beer and milk was full, meat and cheeses were full as well.  Ice cream was almost empty?

Gas is a necessary item so I don't worry about the price.  It is ironic that it is so low and we have no place to go.........
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

fdlrc

I've been thinking of a security camera as well Rich. No doubt you researched it, which system did you buy? I only need four cameras.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

RICH MUISE

I bought the "Defender" series thru Sam's Club online. They carry a different brand in the store. I did a little research, read a ton of reviews, and it was actually the reviews that switched me from the "Night Owl" series I was going to order.
From the reviews I learned to set the whole system up on your kitchen table before running wires. That way you know if all the cameras are working, etc. I'll let you know how it checks out when I get it. The unit I ordered was on sale til last Saturday.
the 4K cameras are not the best, but approximately level 8 on a 1-10 scale and better than most. Supposedly the 4K cameras will get an image that can be zoomed to read a license plate at 100' in the daytime.
I thought about wireless, but then you have battery replacement to keep up with. Systems can get very expensive (mine was 400.) depending on how crazy you want to get with stuff like alarms, notifications of movement, higher clarity, etc etc. We've already got a complete alarm system in the house. I just wanted something that would provide a high def. photo of car burglars, porch pirates, etc.
I told Sherri (Connie's cousin), I was going to install one in her bedroom so we could find out which of our 5 dogs has been occasionally peeing in her room. She said "Oh, good idea." I'll let her think about that for a while, lol
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

57chero

Here in Oregon gas is still the same as it has been around 3 bucks a gallon for regular.

hiball3985

We went to a Smart & Final at 6 am this morning and only two other people in the store. Gas prices are dropping a little.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

They finally started limiting the amount of some goods you can buy in grocery stores. Why anyone would want to buy 20 1lb. packs of hamburger meat is beyond me.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

FiveSevenLiter

I do get some action pictures like this bum doing a head plant out of the back window of my Sport Trac.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

gasman826

Mixed feelings this morning...I just brought the '57 Custom home from the upholstery jail.  Another master at their trade has passed.  Going through his shop in an attempt to find the scattered pieces of my car, it felt like going through my dad's estate and trying to make sense of the disarray brought on by a mind raided by dementia.

mustang6984

Sympathies...sometimes one can wonder if a project will ever be finished when one has to depend on others...and then when you lose one of those people who has been a stalwart...makes it even harder to see the end of the tunnel. Hang in there...the light should be visible soon!
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker