News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

fdlrc

My neighbors system has audio sound and visual lights that flash at night, even when a car drives by. At least we can't hear it from inside our house. Glad you're making progress.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-04-04 16:19Wow...........Thanks for finding that.
Not sure what you meant by "bad stuff".
Didn't you read the warning in the second screen shot pic?  That's the bad stuff. Maybe you couldn't find it on the Defender site because it's been hacked & Defender removed it until they could get it fixed.
It took no time at all to find that manual. I've found quite a few manuals for different things by using that Google search. Manuals are often posted on sites that have no connection to the product.

RICH MUISE

I have Firefox, and I went to their site several times at least, with no warning:don't go there pop ups. Maybe because I also have Mcaffee?

Update on the system. The cameras I got are 4k. The only reasonably priced monitor I could find was a cheapo 2080 "HD". so, my images will not be are clear and crisp as they would be with a 4k monitor. Maybe down the road I can afford one, not now @ 500ish I was told, but haven't really looked. If something happens where we need to review recordings at a higher resolution, I'll find a better monitor to plug into the system.
I got some 4" x 1 1/2 deep boxes today with flat cover plates that have a 3/4 knockout in the center. Got them painted white, drilled and tapped for 6-32 screws and got the cameras mounted. The boxes are more that adequate to contain the extra wires at the camera end. The "gizmo" I had mentioned that was on the wiring at that end, is actually a button that can be used to change the camera functions, zoom, wide angle, etc. I printed the entire 71 page manual that Tom found (thanks again), but haven't read it yet. Tomorrow I'm going to check where my old system's wires go thru the brick wall and hope the new wires will fit thru there as well. I've got to unload and move a storage shelving unit to get to that area.

On another note.........another one of the N Texas counties went into stay home orders, except the county commissioners explained the stay home orders are more specific to social distancing. They went on to say...go for a walk with your household members OR GO FOR A DRIVE. I liked that.
Pantex, where my wife worked until retirement, had their first confirmed case today. They have 2200 employees! Pantex is the nation's nuclear weapons storage and repair facility. They do dismantling when necessary and updating. Acres and acres of underground storage bunkers. only 1100 tests done in N texas so far, with have about 100 confirmed cases......20ish in Amarillo.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

RICH MUISE

pics of the cameras mounted on the boxes I'll be using outside.

RICH MUISE

Yeah, I finally got some pics downloaded. My garage project that's been interrupted again. This was the back wall that use to be an overhead door. I wanted overhead storage with no supports under the shelving. The Super-Stuts worked out ideal for this....just took some careful measuring. The struts are lag bolted to the 2x12 ceiling joists.
The 3/4 copper cooling lines are attached to the underside. I thought it would make my life simpler with the hookups if I had some flexible lines made for both ends, and they will work out really well. Only problem there is it seems like every 3 or 4 years I have to do something stupid to remind me to always get a price on things before I give the go-ahead or say "I'll take it". I had the local hydraulics shop make them up, while I waited for them. After about 15 minutes it hit me that what I asked for was not going to be cheap, and they were not @ 172. for the pair! Ouch!!

fdlrc

What do the coolant lines run to?
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

RICH MUISE

Cooling, not coolant. When I get back to finishing it up, they will be between the compressor tank's outlet and the filters and outlet valves. The copper lines help condense the water out of the air. I spent too much on it, I could have thrown another 100 bucks at it and bought a Harbor Freight console dryer. They've had good reviews on the Hamb. 400ish.
I'm really missing those mountains you live in, Les!!

djfordmanjack

that is some tidy and pretty plumbing there, Rich !

RICH MUISE

Fun stuff. This was a 180 mile drive I took 10 days ago when Amarillo announced the stay at home would begin at midnight. Palo Duro canyon area south of town.
Doug, if you're looking at these, note the last pic shows the uni-strut I used to mount my seats. Never did make the covers I was going to make to dress them up a bit.

Tom S

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-04-06 21:17
I have Firefox, and I went to their site several times at least, with no warning:don't go there pop ups. Maybe because I also have Mcaffee?
Maybe you don't have the same security settings set in Firefox as I do.
Maybe the little padlock icon in the Firefox address bar indicates that I have that FF security setting but I don't really know.
I also have Malwarebytes & Avast Security but I'm sure they have nothing to do with the warning from Firefox. 

RICH MUISE

update on the camera system........I've got the 4 cameras on the front of the house mounted and operational. I'm really happy with the system regardless of my initial comments. Once I figured out the issues I was having were due to the old monitor I was trying to use, everything was easy. Night vision is ok, not great but I think that is due to the fact we have 4 100 watt led light fixtures on the front of the house, and the cameras adjust to the average light, so unlit areas remain in the shadows. I haven't read the manual yet, but just playing with the button on each camera doesn't seem to change anything. I suspect that may be due to the system having to be in a certain mode to accept changes. I did move/re-aim 2 of the cameras after viewing the first night to compensate for the mentioned light fixtures. That helped quite a bit.
So, for Les, I'd buy it again, but obviously I don't have anything to compare to. I'm finding 4k monitors on line in the 300 +- range, so I may change out down the road.
Defender 4K2T8B8
If I read the manual, you guys won't tell anyone will you?

mustang6984

It came with a manual? Huh! Don't have any idea how to shift a camera...I always thought they were automatics. Where is the clutch?  :003:

Any monitors on amazon that would work?
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Well, actually no, but Tom found it online, lol.
Probably any new monitor will "work", it's just a matter of if you want/need the monitor to be as clear as the cameras are. The 4k monitors are what is usually used in gaming systems, or other places where a high definition image is necessary.....photography, graphic design (Jeff)etc. The one I got at Walmarts was only 75 bucks, but by today's standards is not as high definition. It actually has better definition than the monitor I'm using right now on my computer....who knew?

Hugh...any date on when you're heading back home? How are things going in Branson? Anticipating any problems with renters unable to pay?
The tenant at our old house got caught up in the wrong timeframe to switch jobs. Got laid of by his new employer (railroad) a few months ago, then later was suppose to go to their schooling for welding, but the classes got cancelled due to virus concerns. He's a really good guy, my wife told him not to worry about rent until he got back to working when this virus thing is over. It'll put a dent in our budget, but we'll get by. He's got a young daughter, pre school. Mom is a nurse as is her mom, so Justin has been keeping the daughter as a little safety precaution. We feel good we can help.

mustang6984

I am hoping to be able to make my way back to WA around the 6th or so of May. I have one tenant who is struggling to make rent, (another apartment manage has hired him to paint vacant apartments that need to be prepped for new tenants, so at least I will get rent at some point and I'll waive his late fees) and another who is not communicating with me at all about the issue. I told her that she needs to communicate an keep me apprised of her ability to pay.
There are three in the unit, none are working, yet they seem to have had money to be able to go to Vegas. That trip was aborted when the flights were canceled due to the virus. Understandably my patience is not going to be long with this unit. Something about that unit is cursed...every tenant I have had in it has had problems paying rent on time!  :angry5: I have had 2 previous tenants in that unit, and had to evict both of them. Not looking like a positive end reset there. So if I have to send them down the road then I will be here longer. It's not like they can't find work...we have two Wal-Mart stores here both are still hiring, and several grocery stores, many of which are hiring. We shall see. They have until Friday to come up with something positive, then I am going to tell them they need to pack up and head back to mom's house in St. Louis.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

This made me laugh today. Political correctness strikes again. I was out putting some miles on cuz's car today just because it doesn't get driven enough. For the past 3 years, maybe 20 miles a month except for when I take it out for a stretch. Anyway, I miss baseball, and today I got thinking about a great story I had read on the MLB forum a while back during Black History Month. It was about Sachel Page, most likely the greatest pitcher to ever grace a mound, only I couldn't remember his name at the time and it was bugging me, so I thought I'd see if Siri (iphone gal) knew. I asked   "Siri, what was the name of the famous baseball pitcher that pitched for the Negro Leagues in the early 1900's?"
her answer....."I will not respond to that"!!!!!!!! I felt like telling her she needs to be reprogrammed, lol.
The story I was thinking about as best as I can remember: Sachel Page was already a legend at the time of this story. The pro baseball team he played for was playing an exibition game against a college team. Sachel started the game as usual, and the first two college players both got hits. Jeering started from the college's dugout....ah, you ain't so good, etc etc. Sachel stopped, looked in their dugout then turned to his outfielders and waved them in. The outfielders were not sure what was going on so they moved in 15 or 20 feet. Sachel shook his head and waved them in again. Another 20 feet with quizzical looks on their faces. Once again, he shook his head but this time started a constant wave, when they got close he sent them into the dugout.(can't remember if he also sent in his infielders) He struck out the next 3 batters on 9 pitches. Didn't need any fielders.