News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

He made it all the way to Shreveport last night/this morning. I didn't know our iphones had location sharing. He told me he turned it on so I could find out where he was at. Works really cool! Who knew?? I hope my wife doesn't remember that when I'm out on one of my roadtrips.
So, automatically my brain is wondering if I had an "old" iphone, if I could wire it up permanently for charging, and hid it in my car, if it could be used to locate the car, or close enough area, if it were stolen. Of course, it would require paying an extra monthly fee for the extra phone line. I think I remember my wife telling me our phones are now only 20 a month each for unlimited.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Rich there were many articles on the Mustang sites when the GT500s first came out.  Many guys used cell phones with GPS locator APS to substitute for many of the expensive tracing security systems out there.  Cheap enough to do and easy enough to change it out if it ages out.

Reminds me of an article I read about.  In a CA city a bunch of richard heads broke into a Dodge dealership and stole all the Hell Cats, they all have built in tracking systems.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

Good to know.........now all I need to do is figure out what a richard head is, lol.

alvin stadel

Rich, I'm not sure, but in my mind I think a Richard head would = a pecker head. But I'm probably wrong.

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-06-18 07:58
He made it all the way to Shreveport last night/this morning. I didn't know our iphones had location sharing. He told me he turned it on so I could find out where he was at. Works really cool! Who knew?? I hope my wife doesn't remember that when I'm out on one of my roadtrips.
So, automatically my brain is wondering if I had an "old" iphone, if I could wire it up permanently for charging, and hid it in my car, if it could be used to locate the car, or close enough area, if it were stolen. Of course, it would require paying an extra monthly fee for the extra phone line. I think I remember my wife telling me our phones are now only 20 a month each for unlimited.

Get LoJack...the monthly fee is I believe, less than the cell phone bill...and in addition has the ability to once located by law enforcement, if it is moving down the road, to have the engine turned off.
As soon as your car is discovered to be missing, you call the cops, give them the info that you have LoJack, and your I.D. number, they contact LoJack, who then pings your car, and tell the cops where it is.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2020-06-18 08:30
Good to know.........now all I need to do is figure out what a richard head is, lol.

What are people normally called that have a proper first name of "Richard:/
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

haha.........I guess I'm getting a little slow. lmao

djfordmanjack

After about 3 years in the making, today I was finally able to start up the Flathead that I built for my friend Franz. Everything worked very well and I am one happy camper tonight !  :003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42Y5XSpryxM
1940 Ford Flathead V8 First startup after full rebuild

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hvt2qmYsHvs
1940 Ford Flathead V8 First startup after full rebuild Part #2

Marc

The ol' flatty sounds good!

Ecode70D

Günter. 
   It's good to see that engine running.  I know how much of a pain that it was.
See my email
Jay

RICH MUISE

Haven't listened to the video yet, but I'm gonna.
Had a unique experience (for me) last night at our Saturday night get together. I guy came in with his "other car". My son spotted it right away. 2005 (?)Mercedes CL600 with V12 w/twin turbochargers. Factory 200 mile an hour car that a Hellcat probably is gonna lose to. Took me for a ride...never hit the throttle hard enough to engage the turbocharges, but went from 20-100 in about 4 seconds. Did that about 4 times for me, stops almost as fast, turns on a dime, rides like a cloud. Wow. I've never been in a super car before. impressive to say the least. He bought it 2 years ago with only 26K miles on it, has 39K now.

RICH MUISE

Happy Father's Day guys!! This is the first time in  almost 20 years my son has actually been with me on father's day. Very cool. We're not going on a roadtrip while he is here as I had hoped unfortunately. He's got back issues which the 1500 mile trip here in a heavy duty truck didn't help much, but he'd just rather not spend a few days in a car if he didn't have to. He really likes the job I did on the '57, but as with a lot of our offspring, not his thing. He did really like one of the rat rod pickups with a faux finish at our get-together last night  :003:

alvin stadel

Rich, to bad you can't get in a road trip, just enjoy some quality time together.  I remember when both my sons, twins, were in Iraq and in Afganistan,  more than one time on fathers day, and was just very thankfull for a phone call. Take care, and enjoy the moment.

RICH MUISE

When my son was a kid, I was always doing remodelling on our house. When he got old enough we did projects together. That's what he ended up doing for a career......remodelling, mainly kitchens and bathrooms, now in the St. Pete/Tampa area. Guess he sorta ended up following in my footsteps, keeps telling me he was blessed with my hands.
We're at it again. He is having a hard time keeping busy there due to the virus situation, so one silver lining from that is he is able to spend some time here he normally wouldn't be able to. We're (he) totally gutting out one of our bathrooms. Bathroom is mostly tiled the old fashion way........tile over concrete, a ton of hard work tearing it all out. lol, aside from that, I'm 5'7", my son is 6'4", construction worker build.....nice having some muscle around, even if he's gettin' old too!
The road trip thing isn't totally out.

FiveSevenLiter

:canada:
Happy Canada Day!
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin