News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

We hope 2021 will be better, some have said it can't be worse, jury is still out on that!

Have not decided about the vaccine yet.  My immune system seams to do a good job of keeping stuff away or at least killing it.  Worked in a germ factory for ten years (children's hands on science center) and never got sick, not even a cold.  No word about us youngsters ( those of us under 75) here in AL yet.  My doc hits me about the flue shot every year, give her the same "no" every time.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

lalessi1

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2021-01-01 11:34
We hope 2021 will be better, some have said it can't be worse, jury is still out on that!

Have not decided about the vaccine yet.  My immune system seams to do a good job of keeping stuff away or at least killing it.  Worked in a germ factory for ten years (children's hands on science center) and never got sick, not even a cold.  No word about us youngsters ( those of us under 75) here in AL yet.  My doc hits me about the flue shot every year, give her the same "no" every time.

I was there with you until I lost a friend to pneumonia a couple of years ago. I got the vaccination for that and a flu shot for the first time. Here they are starting covid vaccinations for us people over seventy on Monday. I will definitely get it. I figure it can't hurt.
Lynn

hiball3985

Got the flu shot this year, most years I don't. Got the pneumonia one this year too. I'm not sure about the covid19, I'll wait and see how things go for a few months. I don't have 100% confidence in drug companies they are in it for the $$$. Every week you see a new miracle drug and a year later the law suites start.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

jviera

x2 for what hiball said. JV

Fairlane62

I have been in the house sick with Covid for the last 10 days, but am doing better now.  Just a caution regarding the vacine, my oldest son had Covid about three weeks ago and just got his vaccination since he is a first responder and had some rough side effects.  He was told afterwards that can happen if you get the vaccine soon after an active case.  So if you have had an active case, I would wait a couple months before getting the vaccine since you would have immunity for a while anyway.

lalessi1

I was actually wondering about getting the vaccine if you had Covid at some stage. My ex wife has it and I was probably exposed indirectly through my son. He tested negative yesterday but....
Lynn

hiball3985

Quote from: lalessi1 on 2021-01-02 08:13
I was actually wondering about getting the vaccine if you had Covid at some stage. My ex wife has it and I was probably exposed indirectly through my son. He tested negative yesterday but....
From what I understand you should get the shot even if you have had covid in the past. They don't know how long the antibodies built from covid last and there have been cases of people being infected a second time.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I had forgotten about the cruise-in, fortunately my wife asked about it after I got back from taking the dog for a ride in the '57. There were about 50 cars there, including a handful I hadn't seen before. Made my day!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Fairlane62

The doctor told me that some people have immunity longer, but that the current consensus is that it typically lasts about 90 days.

RICH MUISE

Good to see you back James. I don't think I ever asked you where in Oklahoma you were.
Glad you're recouping from the covid, and thanks for the input.

Fairlane62

Rich, The closest actual town is Elmore City and it's pretty small.  About 70 miles south of OKC.

James

Ecode70D

Quote from: jviera on 2021-01-01 18:17
x2 for what hiball said. JV

X3 what Jim stated.  Jay

lalessi1

I'll let y'all know about the vaccine, I get the first shot this afternoon.
Lynn

RICH MUISE

James..........we'll hook up some day when this covid thing is over. You live in one of my cruising areas. I only did 2 events last year, and one of them was with the Crossmembers out of OKC. It was a 124 mile cruise starting and ending in the Guthrie area. 220 cars!

hiball3985

Rich, there is a post about Hugh but says Huge, maybe you can correct it for the poster so people will see it
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang