News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

gasman826

SPOILER ALERT!!!!

CobraJoe

No comment then....
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

gasman826

I watched the RANCH and enjoyed it.  Danny Masterson got a crap deal.  For the first 12 years that I worked at GM, I had a SnapOn coffee mug sitting on my desk.  It went with me to all the labs and conference rooms.  When I went to Milford or Warren for testing, that mug went with me.  It even went to Cobo Hall for display setup for the International Show.  I was proud of what that cup signified to me.  I bought a lot of SnapOn tools before I got a free cup.  The cup was one of the more tame ones with the pink and black '56 Vic.  The model wore conservative shorts and top.  One day after a meeting, management fell on me like I had sold secrets to Ford.  Someone had made a formal sexual discrimination complaint.  No meeting, no trial, no warning, immediate termination had been considered.  But due to my length of service and performance contributions, a letter was put in my file.  This meant that my future in management was pretty much over.  All that mattered was that the complaintant felt uncomfortable and that was the test.  I never knew my accuser but at my next performance review, my manager mentioned someone wanted my job.  I was a computer systems engineer.  I was not a manager and had no position of authority over any employees.  But that cup threatened somebody.

CobraJoe

Remember when we used to have a Sixth Amendment and it gave you the right to face your accuser? Anybody know what ever happened to that??
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

RICH MUISE

I deleted my spoiler......what was I thinking? My apologies to anyone who hasn't watched it yet.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2021-01-15 17:08
Remember when we used to have a Sixth Amendment and it gave you the right to face your accuser? Anybody know what ever happened to that??

Yea...the same place the 2nd is going...heck...the entire Constitution for that matter...

Rich...can't transfer money from one bank to another with out a hefty transfer fee...or mailing a check. ditto for me sending you money if I buy something you have I want...

Longmire was a good show...watched it.
I bought a pair of Bluetooth headphones for myself for Christmas before I left on this trip. I can't watch TV on a computer...I NEED the TV...bought myself a 50 for my b-day last year when I was stuck in Branson after COVID shut everything down for travel purposes. No one can hear it but me unless I choose to share.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

As the man said....."you ain't seen nothing yet"....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

djfordmanjack

Guys , you need to see this!
a 1971 Ford Transit with a 5Litre Dan Gurney V8....INSANE !

'Listen' to that video ! :003:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qg6WdboK1nY

CobraJoe

lalessi1

I want one...
Lynn

hiball3985

Thats pretty radical. I'll take the engine, they can keep the van.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

CobraJoe

Rich, in the few years that I've been here, this thread has always generated some traffic, so I hope that you don't mind that I stole your idea for another forum that I've been on for quite some time. I just think the title and subject matter fit the bill perfectly

P.S. I mentioned that I copied it from you and gave you all the credit; I just think it something that we needed to boost participation since the forum got "taken over/sold" to corporate America.
thanks again.

mustang6984

x2 what hiball said...
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

that engine roaring through the gears is just awesome. But if it was in a GT40 or Cobra, we'd probably say 'seen that, ok !'

I think it is typical British humor, to put the 2 things together, of course the van is ugly ugly ugly- but it was and still is a best seller van (today even in the US). I bet that show van made great advertising effect.

In our local group, we have been nicknaming those MkI and MkII Transits 'Miss Piggy'. Well, because....you know why.... :003:

hiball3985

I had my morning coffee listening to my Covid Y block project. Anyone in the neighbor hood who isn't up by 7am gets a wake up call  :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang