News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

lalessi1

She's a beauty! Ever since I left mine for an FE I still think back on the days we were together! That pic...
Lynn

mustang6984

DAMN!!! I'd rather be woke up by that than an alarm clock ANY day!!!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

7am is just cruel no matter what...unless,...........never mind.
Had lunch at home at 1pm, and still managed to pee in 4 different states today! Needed to put some smiles on the '57. All day, I only passed ONE car on a two lane road. Got up in the oncoming lane, and nailed it, only to realize it was a cop lol. I was only a few miles over the limit, so he let me go. That was in Colorado after dark, on the way home just 3 miles from the OK panhandle. He had NO markings on the back of the suv.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

He liked your car... :burnout:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Hahaha Rich....  that is a nice story ! :003:
So you used up all of your old car bonus ?

Jim. that Y block looks so pretty and a nice test stand rig up. it makes me want to forget everything we said about 351Windsors over in the engine topic.
Do I see the next one sitting in line on the shelf or is that an FE ?

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2021-01-18 03:08
Hahaha Rich....  that is a nice story ! :003:
So you used up all of your old car bonus ?

Jim. that Y block looks so pretty and a nice test stand rig up. it makes me want to forget everything we said about 351Windsors over in the engine topic.
Do I see the next one sitting in line on the shelf or is that an FE ?
Thats just a bare 292 block. The test stand is just made from scrap. It was originally just a flat cart I used to move blocks around. The problem is the wheels are too small for the weight of a complete engine and hard for me to move outside when I want to fire it up  :005:  so the next project will be larger wheels and a battery tray so I don't have to carry it.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-01-17 22:31
7am is just cruel no matter what...unless,...........never mind.
Had lunch at home at 1pm, and still managed to pee in 4 different states today! Needed to put some smiles on the '57. All day, I only passed ONE car on a two lane road. Got up in the oncoming lane, and nailed it, only to realize it was a cop lol. I was only a few miles over the limit, so he let me go. That was in Colorado after dark, on the way home just 3 miles from the OK panhandle. He had NO markings on the back of the suv.
Good for you, I'm jealous. I need to get out soon.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

djfordmanjack

Jim, no matter what it looks like or what it originated from. such a test stand is very functional and comes in handy. x2 on the small wheels. I also need to adress that. I built the platform for my first '57 292 stand from an actual Ikea shopping cart. works ok to this day, much unlike everything that was usually carried around on that cart... :003: I will have to dig out some old pics.
I built a cart for this Flathead from scrap stuff that my friend Robert gets from delivering (heavy) electric beds for handicapped people. the beds are shipped on those cradles. just have to cut off some brackets and there you go. I also welded on a permanent battery tray.

hiball3985

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2021-01-18 07:32
Jim, no matter what it looks like or what it originated from. such a test stand is very functional and comes in handy. x2 on the small wheels. I also need to adress that. I built the platform for my first '57 292 stand from an actual Ikea shopping cart. works ok to this day, much unlike everything that was usually carried around on that cart... :003: I will have to dig out some old pics.
I built a cart for this Flathead from scrap stuff that my friend Robert gets from delivering (heavy) electric beds for handicapped people. the beds are shipped on those cradles. just have to cut off some brackets and there you go. I also welded on a permanent battery tray.
GMTA  :002: Your stand looks good. I also had a few cut down shopping carts in the past..
I'll make a simple battery tray similar to yours.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Still no relief checks for any of us here. I wonder if it got put on hold because of what has to be the craziness of getting all the stuff mailed out to most of the country for tax season. The IRS has got to be in similar employee shortages due to the covid. Maybe they're just overwhelmed being the season.

I watched the last episode of Longmire.........gonna miss it.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-01-18 10:55
Still no relief checks for any of us here. I wonder if it got put on hold because of what has to be the craziness of getting all the stuff mailed out to most of the country for tax season. The IRS has got to be in similar employee shortages due to the covid. Maybe they're just overwhelmed being the season.

I watched the last episode of Longmire.........gonna miss it.
Why a check? Ours was an electronic deposit..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

I mispoke...yes, should be a direct deposit.

alvin stadel

Rich, I liked your story, I am glad to see that I'm not the only one that has a 19 year old flash back once in a while.

mustang6984

Cindy and I got ours nearly first day.

I have those flashbacks all the time... :burnout:    :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

brushwolf

Wife and I also got ours more than a week ago.  But I sent all mine and some of hers to Dennis Carpenter :003:
51 Victoria
55 Crown Victoria
55 Dodge Royal 2 Dr hdtp
56 Mercury Montclair 2 dr hdtp
57 Ford Sunliner
57 Ford Skyliner
57 Chev Bel Air 2 dr hdtp
57 Dodge Custom Royal 2 dr hdtp (factory hemi)
58 Ford Skyliner
58 Fairlane 500 4 dr
59 Thunderbird
60 Impala 2 dr hdtp
61 Galaxie Sunliner
62 Thunderbird