News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

Ford Blue blood

Our paper checks came in the mail last week.......
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Quote from: brushwolf on 2021-01-19 00:58
Wife and I also got ours more than a week ago.  But I sent all mine and some of hers to Dennis Carpenter :003:

Good use of the green!!!     :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

That's why they call them "stimulus" payments.........need to stimulate the economy!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Uncle Donald's money will go towards new tires for my truck.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

dgasman

I got my stimulus in the form of a debit card and spending it on wagon parts .
HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

mustang6984

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-01-19 10:00
That's why they call them "stimulus" payments.........need to stimulate the economy!!

Yea...but...when it comes time pay the piper...how are we gonna do that? I got them too...but wonder...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Quote from: CobraJoe on 2021-01-17 09:52
Rich, in the few years that I've been here, this thread has always generated some traffic, so I hope that you don't mind that I stole your idea for another forum that I've been on for quite some time. I just think the title and subject matter fit the bill perfectly

P.S. I mentioned that I copied it from you and gave you all the credit; I just think it something that we needed to boost participation since the forum got "taken over/sold" to corporate America.
thanks again.
:003: I don't mind at all, thanks for letting me know. I'm curious what other forums you're on

hiball3985

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2021-01-19 11:41

Yea...but...when it comes time pay the piper...how are we gonna do that? I got them too...but wonder...
It's hard to make a comment without it seeming political. But as a blanket statement I know a lot of people including myself that didn't need them.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

Add me to your circle...
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Yeah, us too, but as I said it is not only for the folks that DO need it but for the folks that will be helped when we spend it at their places of business. I wouldn't think too many are stuffing it under their mattress. The tough part is a lot of the younger generations are going to be paying it back over the years via higher taxes. I don't see it as a political discussion, it's not a one side vs the other thing. Lol, now that sentence is bordering on political.
BTW, I went to IRS.gov and clicked on the button for tracing payments. The pop-up that said official use only, not for unauthorized use.......I clicked on it, and 3 IRS agents were at my door 10 minutes later. No seriously, I clicked on it, and following up on the stimulus payment is apparently an authorized use. Very strange wording! After entering my info it said we were scheduled to have a check mailed out Jan 6. Our first payment was electronic deposit, so not sure why a paper check in the apparently veeerrryyy slow mail.
Bill, you said you got a paper check.....were you expecting that?

hiball3985

Thats strange Rich, both first and second of ours were electronic.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

If they mailed it...you may not see it until NEXT year. The mail has become one of the most undependable functions of the government...taking over 3 weeks to go 1/2 way across the country.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Yeah, my wife baked some cookies and sent them to the kids in Atlanta. Mailed 10 days before Christmas, they were delivered 3 days ago.

CobraJoe

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-01-19 11:50
:003: I don't mind at all, thanks for letting me know. I'm curious what other forums you're on
Rich, I'm on several forums; boating forums, fishing & hunting, a Blackfin Boat forum, several F150 forums as well as a few Bronco forums.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ford Blue blood

Rich my paper check was expected (not that fast, the first one took forever) as I do not do business on this machine or any other machine.  I like paper, signatures in blue ink and doing business face to face.  I don't own a "smart phone", just a flip phone that calls and answers calls for travelling. It won't even take pictures of my pocket!

I bought some Edsel sales literature off ebay, shipped the 28th, tracking said it was put on my porch the 11th at 6:45PM.  That didn't happen as we were home waiting for the game to start.  Post office says "There's nothing we can do, it was delivered".  They said I have no recourse.  Guess I'll just have to eat it and wait until they find the package....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II