News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

When I had my "it was delivered" fiasco 4 years ago with my speedometer I was sending back to Speedhut for some custom alterations, I found out insurance is useless as well if they show it as delivered. I guess for insurance to be paid out, you need to request a signature also, but they don't tell you that.      "delivered"..........from that 'event', I found out when usps scans that package as they are delivering it, it records not only the time, but GPS coordinates as well, and any notations the postman may add. Speedhut is in a retail/ industrial park, and the scan was 80 feet from their door, so usps considered it delivered. Tells me it could have been left at any business in that park. Speedhut called me 3 months later and said the post office just delivered it.
Any porch pirate issues in your neighborhood? We had one going on last year, but not the normal stuff. Inside job, a postman was notifying his contacts when Meds were delivered, like from the VA.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

Went through this last year with an AC air compressor shipped UPS, they claimed delivered but it never came here. I was home all day waiting for it. Fighting with UPS was a waste of time and a losing battle.

I don't do anything financial like banking on line, I write checks, only four a month. My credit card only gets used for gas and PAYPAL purchases, everything I buy at stores is cash.
I'm sure the info they use to transfer the relief money electronically either comes from SS or Internal Revenue.

I'm here reading the posts, guess what I'm not watching :003:
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

Lynn

Ford Blue blood

Never had a problem with porch pirates, I am on the end of a dead end street, no street lights, house is 125 feet off the street, every package that USPS has delivered to the house the mail person drove her buggy up to the house.  Given we were waiting for the National Championship game to start we were in the house munching down supper on the 11th at 6:45PM.  Add to that I can hear the buggy screaming down the street, the driver has two positions for the go pedal, all the way down or all the way up!

Thanks for the info on the GPS when scanned, I'll have to look mine up. 
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2021-01-20 10:08

I'm here reading the posts, guess what I'm not watching :003:

I have not seen a TV since I got out of the hospital. I can't remember the last time I watched a transfer from one tenant to another at 1600. I had a friend text me and ask if I was, and told him I had better things to do...like finishing my move.
I have also not seen a newscast, and have no intention of doing so any time in the near (or preferably distant) future either for that matter, since 2 weeks after the '16 elections.

Guess that makes me x3!!!   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

dgasman

HAPPY MOTORING
dgasman

RICH MUISE

Our relief check came in the mail today. It was printed out on Jan 6, so I guess the late delivery is all on the post office. I suspect the reason for a printed check is that our bank was closed for online stuff several weekends around the end of Dec, first week of Jan. while they were installing/updating their new system. If the IRS tried to deposit online during those times, it would have been rejected. The "other woman" here found out hers was actually deposited electronically 12/31.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

mustang6984

U.S. Postal service is useless anymore.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

Here is an interesting report from north of the rust belt. The news are saying that more and more people are having problems using their late model off brand cars in the snow. handle terribly, they say, and it's a waste of plastic and batteries. The new trend is using your old car out in the snow. which makes sense ! low horsepower, no stick shift, good milage. and not sensible to road dirt at all. exhaust fumes help like salt brine on the roads. Good on you I say ! Let's see more old cars out in the snow ! Join your local friends-don't-let-friends-drive-their-late-model-import-in-the-salt group today !!! 

Here is our newest member Jake Sparrow ( name has been changed to protect the guilty)
:002: :003:

CobraJoe

Rumor has it that "Jack Sparrow" has a set of quad headlights that he is going to "graft" into that '57.

djfordmanjack

even better so ! you cant have enough light on these winter early morning or late afternoon drives ! :003:

mustang6984

Nice looking ride...but it wouldn't look so nice with those extra eyes...JMHO!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

jviera

Jack Sparrow must have washed and buffed it that's why it's out in the snow.JV