News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

fordrunner390

hi guys-i got back to fort hood sunday around 2pm and went into the barracks to check the duty roster and take a shower. it was kind of a bummer being back after two weeks leave, but i tokk great joy in the fact that i had 6 moths unill my discharge in september of 1968. as i think i told you guys i was a track mechanic assigned to headquarters battery and i had pretty sweet duty and my own jeep assigned to me. it was pretty much a 8am to 4pm jub if nothing went wrong or we didn't have an inspection. we had a bunch of apc's (armoured personell carriers) at that time and they all had supercharge 283's in them, the bulk of my time was spent on fixing the oil leaks on those pieces of junk! why anybody would put a chevrolet engine in an apc is beyond me-should have had a diesel or maybe a good ford engine in it lol. the weekend came up and this time tom wanted to drive to austin for our weekend beer holiday so we all piled in his 59 with the 352 on friday noght and went to austin-man you could hear the jukeboxes calling you back then. roadrage and tragedy on the trip back on sunday-tell you more in the next post fred.

CobraJoe

Got the Mustang in two-part epoxy....

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

This is the point where all those hundreds of hours finally put a smile on your face. That is a work of art, Joe.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Lookin' like a fine base to begin with!   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

terry_208

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2021-02-27 23:17
Lookin' like a fine base to begin with!   :003:

Without a doubt it is looking good!
Terry

fordrunner390

hi guys back to tell you about austin, but first i forgot to tell you guys about the sin i committed when we put the 332 in the 57. man i hate telling you this because i could not have been more stupid at the time, but the select air did not work so when we pulled the 312, we left the compressor on the engine,took everything for the select air(hoses,brackets,evaporator core, and changed it for the heater components in the 58 that the 332 came out of. i hate myself to this day for being so stupid not realizing what the ac did to the value of the car-i just thought it dosent work get rid of it----good grief. anyway on th etrip to austin tom must have pissed someone offf with his driving, because when we left the bar, his driver's side window was smashed and a note left under his wiper that said "watch how you drive" what a bummer,guess it could have been worse. that put a damper on the weekend and we curtailed our trips to austin for a bit. on the bright side-i had 5months and two weeks until i get my discharge-------fred

RICH MUISE

I took my car to the do-it-yourself carwash a few days ago. In the past few years, The high-pressure stream always made my windshield leak trying to wash off the bugs. Getting caught in the rain on the road always required a rag up on my dashboard!!
A month ago, I got under the seal and applied some silicon windshield sealer in the driver's side top and side area, and it worked like a charm. I intentionally held the hose for a long time on the top seal area where it leaked, and not a drop!! Yay. I also noticed the doors let much less water in where I had applied the additional seal last month to help with wind noise. After washing the car, I always had to wipe down the door jambs. Very little got in this time thanks to the new additional rubber seal.
The sealer I used, btw, had a small diameter long nozzle that worked well to get the rubber. It's called "flowable silicon windshield sealer", made by Versa-Chem.
9 days to "lift-off" of my 4000 mile road trip!.............anyone going to the Goodguys Fort Worth show next week?

hiball3985

Good luck on that trip, I wish I could do one like that. My co-pilot is caring for her 89 year old mother at this time so we are limited to how far we can go.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

fordrunner390

hi guys, i am not computer savy at all, but i am gonna try to download a few pictures-don't know if they will come through---fred

fordrunner390

going to try two more pictures

fordrunner390

well guys, guess i'll quit while i am ahead-at least i got two pictures sent (i really don't know how to use pc that well. to finish up on my time at fort hood i think i will just fast forward from march to my discharge in september of 1968, cause not much happened during that time of any importance, except i did sell the continental kit off the 57 to a guy from another outfit at fort hood ( looking back i should have kept it)  september 12, 1968 came and i got my post clearance papers and turned in my gear and i was a free man. my buddy tom with the 59 was getting out in october and lived in buffalo ny about 30 miles from where i lived in sanborn and we had exchanged addresses and phone and made plans to get together when he got home. i cranked up the 57, stopped at the gas station on post and filled the tank and hit the road for the two day drive to new york---more later-----fred

CobraJoe

Fred, try this, it may be easier for you to post pics.

http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=7624.0
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Ecode70D

Fred
     From where I'm sitting, you have a beautiful car.   I'm happy for you, especially that you have kept it all these years.
It looks like the body's holding up well.  Jay

RICH MUISE

James.............Thanks for fixing whatever it was with the forum today.

RICH MUISE

Keeping an eye on the weather for next weekend..........not looking so good. URGHHHHHH The closer it gets, the higher the % chance of rain. As of this morning 54% in Fort Worth for Sat. Could put a damper on the Goodguys show and my starting date for my roadtrip.