News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

Leaving early tomorrow for the "Summer's Last Blast" shows and cruise in Vernon, Tx. This one I get excited about...it's a great weekend.
https://www.facebook.com/summerslastblast
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

CobraJoe

Cool! post up some pics when you get back Rich, we'd love to se 'um.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

RICH MUISE

Got back about midnight last night. Actually left Thursday afternoon..did one show downtown Vernon Thursday night. Nice band playing, 100 or so cars. Did two on Friday, one also downtown, but a few blocks over from the night before, then an afternoon show at the local Ford dealer. lol, hope I don't get banned from this site, but at that show I had to vote a Chevy as my pick of the show.....a gorgeous 56 pickup.
The main show was at Roy Orbison park Saturday, then the big cruise Saturday night. I was very happy to see my old friend Glen Large from Knox City there. Glenn is well into his 80's and I hadn't seen him for 3 years. He had 3 of his '57s there, and I got to meet his son, daughter, and grandkids. With mine, his and one other 2dr Custom, there were 5 '57 Fords there, and 3 '58s. Only took a few pics. I'll post them later.
Not sure about the awards they give at the shows.....I went to one, got there about starting time, and the first thing I noticed was the cars that already got the trophies for that show.....how does that work, lol?????? Local favorites I guess, but they should be a little less obvious.
I have an issue with my gas gauge I realized last night on the way home, when it didn't move from 3/8 for 150 miles! Stopped for gas 30 miles from home realizing I had no idea how much I actually had left. Put 10 gallons in, and the gauge only went up 1/4......I'll get into it today or tomorrow. I may have screwed up the sender last week when trying to fix a vent tube leakage issue.

Ecode70D

Rich
  You voted on a WHAT??
    Oh my goodness     

RICH MUISE

Haha. I like all the mid-50s pickups. If it were a tri-five, never would have happened. Besides, it was the high 90's. maybe I had a bit of heat stroke, and it did not have a 350 or LS, but a nice 283.
3 different people asked me if my 4.6 was an LS (they do look similar). One guy told me he loved everything about my car "except for the LS motor". I told him it was a Lincoln, not an LS, and he said, well I guess I like everything about your car. period. I've gotta find some Lincoln emblems to put on the valve covers and highlight the little Ford ovals that are cast into some of the parts.

mustang6984

You might well get grounded for that stunt young man!   :sad8:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

Ford Blue blood

Stand in the corner with your nose in the corner you bad boy......LOL
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

Ecode70D

Sorry Rich
    I doubt very much if you are going to easily get out of this mess.  I'll try to be on your side and make believe that it never happened.
Jay

lalessi1

I already forgot what we were talking about???
Lynn

abe_lugo

Rich, maybe have some Lincoln emblems water-jetted and attached from under with some bolts. Let me know I can create some art if you need.

Abe      Los Angeles, CA  IN Los Angeles proper. 90008

RICH MUISE

Thanks Abe........a trip to a salvage yard should render what I need. I believe the Mark VIIIs had a 32 valve emblem on the tailpanel. I could avoid the issue by just using my spec sheet on the car when I display with the hood open, but I find I get into so many more conversations when I don't.........beats just sitting there!

Fairlane62

Rich, in my opinion 55-57 pickups are probably some of the best looking chevies.  You need to find one and install a Lincoln ohc motor.  That will really start some conversations.  I remember a guy at the drag strip years ago that had a 69 Chevelle with a 460 Ford, it was fun watching the frothing hissy fits that the Chevy guys had when they realized it was a Ford engine in a chevy.

James

RICH MUISE

Ahhhhhhhhhh no no no no, lol. That would kinda negate my feelings about putting a Chev into a 50s or newer Ford..same thing.
That said, on a different note.......... My wife had a new washing machine delivered yesterday. Man am I out of touch with the real world! First, when the heck did washing machines get to be $1k???!!!, and guess what it's got, are you ready for this??.........WiFi!!         What???

Fairlane62

Rich,
We were shopping online for a new refrigerator this week and I noticed that some of the models were WiFi.  I skipped past those, since they were mucho expensive.  I know that we are old, but what in the world does an ice box or washing machine need WiFi for?

James

gasman826

WI-FI connection to all household appliances and HVAC so the power companies can shut your stuff off to avoid brown outs.