News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2021-09-01 10:23
Beautiful! two great looking 57's. Custom wagon isn't my cup of tea..
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                                       Mine either
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I like it. One would expect to see the 20" rims w/ bandaids, but it's very traditional there. Beautiful paint job......Gene Who? (just kidding) You know there's some bucks in that car. That's the kind of car you'd be afraid to drive.  With that said, I'd still pick Les'.
Les, I do remember talking with them. We talked about the fact I had seen it years ago before they owned it, but today I can't remember where that was (Alburquerque??)
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

There is no car I wouldn't drive. I have had people refuse to sell me a car because they knew I WOULD drive it. If it has wheels, a motor and transmission...I'll rack up miles.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

JimNolan

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2021-09-01 16:49
There is no car I wouldn't drive. I have had people refuse to sell me a car because they knew I WOULD drive it. If it has wheels, a motor and transmission...I'll rack up miles.
I like the way you think. When they did a frame off on my 57 back in 2008 they wanted to leave the frame and underside in paint. I refused and had them paint and undercoat everything underneath. 75K miles later I can truthfully say not having to keep the bottom clean has made my enjoyment of owning the car even more.
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

fdlrc

I do remember that conversation Rich.

They drove the wagon from Kansas. But they live close to the Colorado boarder, so only 250 miles. I would imagine just being a Gene Winfield car would add to the value a great deal.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

FiveSevenLiter

Took Rowdy out for a 60 kilometer leg stretching tonight, coffee night at a tire shop, 200+ cars there.  A guy came up and told me that my car was his favourite car there, then he added "and I am a Chev guy'.
I told him that is the best trophy that could be won.

Saturday is his birthday, September 4, Edsel introduction day.
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

mustang6984

I like 'em both!   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I like them both, and all the neat stuff in the garage.  Yeah, 57liter, nothing better than someone telling you it's their favorite car of the show.

FiveSevenLiter

My flag of Texas is behind the orange blind.
:canada:

mustang6984

Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-09-03 08:55
I like them both, and all the neat stuff in the garage.  Yeah, 57liter, nothing better than someone telling you it's their favorite car of the show.
To elaborate: I do get that occasionally, I might add. Probably you too as well as a number of forum members, I think partially because our Fords are so different from the usual swarm of tri-five Chevies. With all the nice compliments we get though, the one you mentioned always sticks in my mind. The best one I got in that group was the one from the Goodguys New Mexico rodder's rep who told me mine was his favorite of the "Run to the Inn of the Mountain Gods" show, and awarded me a plaque for it!.
The Texas flag........got ties to Texas?

FiveSevenLiter

Been there a few times, met Pat at the Lonestar Roundup, enjoyed the hill country, order Brisket when on the menu, the Continental Club for breakfast on a Saturday morning, cruising the back roads to New Braunfels, Harrell's in Kingsville, beers with Conrad in Luckenbach, Cranky Frank's in Fredericksburg, the Salt Lick, neon signs in Austin, Mercury Charlies, are just of few things that pop into memory bank.

mustang6984

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooooo...the barbecue plate makes my mouth water!!!
My home town is San Antonio. When I was a kid I swam on a swim team. New Braunfels was one of our annual swim meets. Swam in a river. The source was a large sitting pond where we used to acclimate to the cold water.
Texas was a great place to be as a kid in the 50's and 60's! I loved it. Fond memories.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I've never been to any of those places. The furthest south I've been in Texas is the DFW area.

mustang6984

There is a BBQ place west of San Antonio on I-10 that is killer! Meat is so tasty and well cooked it melts in your mouth. Wich I could remember the name of it now.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker