News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

SkylinerRon

Sorry, I should have said 245 Hp.

I think Paxton had already worked with teapots. 57 was the 1st year for the other 3 so it would have been a short turnaround to use any of the others.

Ron B.

RICH MUISE

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!
My '57 is in the shop. Josh is taking care of the loose upper control arm issue and realignment. We're both confident this is going to take care of the steering wheel movement I was having..........we just missed finding that issue when he found all the other loose stuff.  I also had him remove a bolt from the rack plate, that joins the tierods, to check for excess hole size that Gary mentioned was an issue on his. The holes had very little clearance, so that possibility has been eliminated.
He pulled a rear axle to try and get a bearing/seal number but there were no numbers on it. Our plan was to have the bearings and seals in hand so the car wouldn't be down for any lengthy time. I picked up the axle and brought it to the shop that built the rear end and he knew what the bearing was right away. He's going to order them tomorrow. I got the axle back to the first shop just before closing, and he's going to reassemble Monday morning as he needs the lift the car is on. When the bearings come in, the car will go to the shop that built the rear. All's good!, except I was hoping to have the '57 back for a road trip Sunday on my 75th birthday. Oh well.
The car currently has separate seals/bearings, btw. He's ordering bearings that have outer o-rings for the seals.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Fairlane62

Rich, have you been able to determine whether the backward bolts are contributing to the loosened A-arm?  My 58 had mismatched nuts so I replaced them all with new grade 8 bolts and nuts which don't have the knurling  like the originals , so I just want to be sure that I don't have a similar problem with the  Bolts loosening.

RICH MUISE

I'll probably never know, but my guess is it's more of a human failure thing, not the positioning of the bolts.
Thanks for the question, I wasn't wanting to do anything frivolous for my 10,000 post, lol.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-11-27 08:23

Thanks for the question, I wasn't wanting to do anything frivolous for my 10,000 post, lol.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Lol, yeah, I talk too much. My wife was saying the same thing when I met my niece's new next-door neighbor Thanksgiving. Nice lady.

Fairlane62

I don't think that I talk too much, I am just providing information that young whipper snappers don't have.  In other words, I'm imparting wisdom to the younger generations, but according to my wife, my problem is not knowing when to stop providing said wisdom.

mustang6984

Just an observation after 28 years of dealing with the low end of society...those who have nothing to offer on a subject...seem to always think that those knowledgeable about a subject...speak too much when explaining it. I tend to chalk it up to jealousy of those who have knowledge...JMHO.   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-11-27 12:15
Lol, yeah, I talk too much. My wife was saying the same thing when I met my niece's new next-door neighbor Thanksgiving. Nice lady.
All kidding aside we always enjoy your questions and great road trip stories.. :001:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Fairlane62

Quote from: mustang6984 on 2021-11-27 22:55
Just an observation after 28 years of dealing with the low end of society...those who have nothing to offer on a subject...seem to always think that those knowledgeable about a subject...speak too much when explaining it. I tend to chalk it up to jealousy of those who have knowledge...JMHO.   :006:
I fully agree with that observation.  However in recent years I have found that those having nothing to offer on a subject have also infiltrated the mid and upper ends of society as well.

RICH MUISE

Got my car back yesterday, put it thru the paces on a 70 mile run today.......no issues whatsoever with the steeirng. Fixed! Finally! yay!

Fairlane62

That's great Rich.  On the road again.

hiball3985

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2021-11-30 17:34
Got my car back yesterday, put it thru the paces on a 70 mile run today.......no issues whatsoever with the steeirng. Fixed! Finally! yay!
Good news, burn up some asphalt  :burnout:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

Haha....didn't take long this time to find something else...............drove my wife in it to the VA this morning, and on the way back, my driver's window stopped working again. Remember that long story I had about driving 120 miles in a heavy downpour with my window down, lol?? I had jury-rigged the electric window housing back together after I got home, and I guess it just came apart again. I'll take a look later today.
My wife has had knee replacement surgery rescheduled 5 times so far, her latest date being this Friday, but they told her as of today, with a new Covid rise, there are no empty beds in the hospital. It's gonna be a day-to-day thing for a short time anyway.

Fairlane62

My wife has had both hips replaced, and one knee replaced last year.  She caught Covid while in the hospital with the knee replacement, so its probably best to stay away from the hospital for now.  Of course that doesnt help the knee pain in the meantime.  Hope your wife will be able to get it fixed soon.
James