News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

CobraJoe

All kidding aside, I've been married to my second wife going on 18 years and wouldn't trade her for the world. She like Fords and supports my habit; hell, it was her idea to build a shop at the house.
Some of you may recognize this "local celebrity" she's standing with...

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Jeff Norwell

Jay!!!!!
Where is his Billy Jack Hat?!?!?!?
"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

djfordmanjack

Doesn't need it Jeff. he is wearing his best smile today !  :002:

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: djfordmanjack on 2022-01-01 03:38
Doesn't need it Jeff. he is wearing his best smile today !  :002:

Hahahahaha!

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

hiball3985

I think we should just call him Smiley from now on :003: I have the same type hat, good choice Jay..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

hiball3985

7 am here and I'm headed outside to watch the two B2's circle above the house before one heads for the Rose Parade. They bring two, I guess one is a backup?
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

quote Joe: "All kidding aside, I've been married to my second wife going on 18 years and wouldn't trade her for the world." It's a great boat to be in, isn't it!! I've been single one day since I was 19.....married Connie the day after my divorce from my first marriage of 22 years was final........been 33 years now. Connie doesn't share my car and road trip interests, but she sure supports it.
Happy new year everybody!..........prior to this morning, I think it only got down into the low 30's briefly overnight once this winter until today..it's 10 am and 14* out!! No measurable rain or snow in almost 4 months...hope that changes real soon.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

I went the opposite direction from Rich. I was single until I was 38. Been married 30+ years.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

hiball3985

Married the first time at 21, divorced at 23. Married the second time at 31 and now it's been 44 years this June and I still never remember what day  :003: and she still keeps me.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

mustang6984

You're supposed to remember the day? OOPs!
I can tell you that wife and I have forgotten the anniversary twice...both of us did. And I have missed a couple of them with thus long term process of transitioning from WA state to MO.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

I got married a 25, then divorced at 38; remarried at 43, and get this, I proposed to my ex-wife at a fancy rooftop restaurant in 1984. The place was all glass, 360*, overlooking the harbor so the kitchen, bathrooms, payphones, etc.. were the next floor down. When I proposed, my then, fiancee, ran downstairs to call her friends, parents or whoever(no cell phones back then), so the pretty blonde bartender comes over and say's; "I couldn't help but notice the proposal and the ring, so what was her answer?" I replied, "I have no idea, she ran downstairs 15 minutes ago and I haven't seen her since!" So the pretty bartender than came over with another drink and said: "You poor bastard, here, these are on me".

Little did I know, that 20 years later, I would be marrying that pretty, blonde bartender.
True story.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!

RICH MUISE

wow, that one's gonna be hard to top! I proposed to my first wife in the back seat of my '65 Galaxie. But I did later take her to Jimmy's Harborside. I can't remember what that restaurant looked like.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

mustang6984

Oh Joe...THAT is a KARMA story if I ever heard one! LOL!!! Did ya have to wait for #2 to get divorced too? Or did she spend 20 years pining for the stud that was in her restaurant that night?   :003:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Rich, not sure if you knew, but Jimmy's closed in 2005, part of the Harbor Redevelopment Project, but I managed to find a picture of you guys outside from back in the day  :002:

Seriously, though, Jimmy's Harborside was the place to go. it was a big Restaurant, now it's called Liberty Wharf and the $65-million-plus complex by Cresset Development LLC is a stark contrast from the old Jimmy's building, which formed a barrier along Northern Avenue with only a small deck on the harbor. The new restaurants have large outdoor spaces along a recently added 500-foot section of the city's Harbor Walk, as well as decks overlooking the water. It houses 5 restaurants, anything, from Legal seafoods, Jerry Remy's Sport Bar & Grill to Del Frisco's Double Eagle Steak House, to a Mexican eatery; Temazcal Tequila Cantina, where diners will use an iPad to order menu items such as roasted suckling pig and huitlacoche, a truffle or fungus that grows on corn stalks and is a delicacy in Mexico.

Here it is being built:

...and here it is today:

CobraJoe

Hugh, no, I didn't have to wait, but that's another story. Long story short, about a year after my divorce, I was dating a girl, she was much younger than me, who worked in a local bar/restaurant that I frequented. It wasn't really working out between us, mostly because of our age difference, ( I go to work at 4 am and she want's to go out and have fun 'till closing every night), but we were still friends and would hangout. I would go there for lunch or after leaving the shop at night with the guys for a few drinks.
Well, fast forward to Tuesday, September 11, 2001, the day of the attacks. I go in there for lunch with a couple of the guys and there is a new bartender/waitress. She was cute and very friendly. The guy I'm with, say's you know who that is, that's so & so's brother. (He was a friend of mine) She introduces herself and we shake hands. I'll cut to the chase, the younger girl I had been dating asked me to meet her at another bar after work a few days later and she brings  the bartender with her. She had fixed us up and we started dating. It wasn't until about a year later that we got to talking and we realized that she was the bartender that day back in 1984.
The rest, is well, history, as they say.  :003: