News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

We have a foot here in the Shell Knob MO area...followed a 4 hour sleet storm. So...that means we have a foot of snow on top of a 1/4 inch of ice. I...do  not have to go anywhere today...so...who cares?!?!?!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

I had been wondering what the general weather was like in your area. I just got thinking that I don't even own a snow shovel, lol, at least at this house. Never moved it when we moved. This morning it's 4 degrees, with light horizontal snow. Pretty damn cold for Texas. I'm sure the weathermen have no idea what's gonna happen today, the weather blip at the bottom of my screen keeps alternating between "snow to stop" and "snow coming".
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

FiveSevenLiter

A buddy in Saskatchewan send me a photo of his thermometer yesterday.  -50 for the second time this winter.
Terry
:canada:
1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

mustang6984

Snow shovel? They make shovels specifically for snow? Gee...what'll they think of next?  :003:

I don't believe in shoveling snow...I DO however believe in watching it melt...and it is still coming down as of now too. The news apparently said there was a possibility of 18 inches today according to my wife. I...do not watch news...why make yourself depressed at my age?
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

FiveSevenLiter

Be very careful when shovelling, we have lost 2 brothers-in-laws and a great friend in the past few winters to heart attacks while shovelling/snow blowing.  I agree on letting it melt.  Hospitals here prepare for an increase in 'jammers' when it snows.
Terry :canada:

mustang6984

Yea...I have heard of a lot of people having issues in our age bracket from doing the snow removal thing. I have books...lots of books...and hot chocolate...even more of that. Plan to make good use of the recliner...the library and the mug! Let it snow let it snow let it snow! LOL!!!

As usual Terry...you are full of good advise! I'll have a cup in your honor sir!   :coffee2:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

geraldchainsaw

this cold weather sucks

mustang6984

NICE convertible!   :006:
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

59meteor

I got to ride in an ambulance to the hospital, for the first time in my life this afternoon. Seems in addition to snow shoveling heart attacks, this weather also is good for old farts slipping on the ice, and injuring themselves. I was worried about a possible fractured pelvis or hip, but the Xrays show other than being black and blue, having a huge bump on my hip, and in pain for a few days, plus not moving very much, the doctor said that I should be OK. My wife called the ambulance, because I was going into shock, and passing out. when the paramedics hooked me up to the machine, my blood pressure had dropped quit a bit, and my heart rate was also low. So they  hooked me up to a couple of IVs before the ride to the hospital. Getting old and clumsy kinda sucks! Funny thing is, it was warming up today, and melting the snow and ice, but it made the slope of my driveway much slicker. Summer can`t come soon enough!
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

rovohn

Quote from: 59meteor on 2022-02-03 17:52
I got to ride in an ambulance to the hospital, for the first time in my life this afternoon. Seems in addition to snow shoveling heart attacks, this weather also is good for old farts slipping on the ice, and injuring themselves. I was worried about a possible fractured pelvis or hip, but the Xrays show other than being black and blue, having a huge bump on my hip, and in pain for a few days, plus not moving very much, the doctor said that I should be OK. My wife called the ambulance, because I was going into shock, and passing out. when the paramedics hooked me up to the machine, my blood pressure had dropped quit a bit, and my heart rate was also low. So they  hooked me up to a couple of IVs before the ride to the hospital. Getting old and clumsy kinda sucks! Funny thing is, it was warming up today, and melting the snow and ice, but it made the slope of my driveway much slicker. Summer can`t come soon enough!
Glad you are ok,it's just rain here right now but sunny for Sat and Sun
Take care,John
'57 Custom 300,302/C4
'72 Rover P6
'57 Sedan Delivery

terry_208

I hope you are pain free quickly.  The only thing I can imagine, at this time, being worse is a back injury!
Terry

mustang6984

I took 7Liter's advice...read a book...stayed in the recliner...stayed warm...
Hope you feel better soon.
Nothing is impossible...
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

Wow. glad you are obviously back to your computer. Must have been a hell of a fall for that much pain.......then again, I luckily haven't fallen since I've gotten old. sure glad your on the road to recovery. As far as shovelling, I figure walking in snow is better than walking on icy concrete. We've had another day of snow/cold added to our forecast. A few days ago, it was suppose to be back in the 50's Friday. Tonight they said 2* tomorrow morning....yuk! Only 8* right now.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

FiveSevenLiter

I forgot to add be careful on the ice.  I found that out 9 years ago, snow plows that push the snow to the farthest point from the drain, then it melts and forms a river of ice across the parking lot.  I came along early in the morning and hit the deck, then ambulance, surgery, titanium rod, screws, daily aches.  Then lawyers, more lawyers, Workers Compensaton sticking their nose into it, and yes settlement.
A little Screech might help Rory.
Terry
:canada:

hiball3985

Good news you didn't have any major injury. Falls are an issue even in the dry weather as we get older. I had my first one a few months ago while putting on my pants and luckily didn't hit any furniture on my way down..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang