News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Morning coffee

Started by RICH MUISE, 2013-11-20 08:11

Previous topic - Next topic

hiball3985

Quote from: Tom S on 2022-03-01 19:29
Jim, what brand is the new tank & where did you get it?
I assume that it is the correct tank for wagons & Rancheros.  With any luck I may someday make some progress on one of my Rancheros that has a fabricated tank just behind the cab & below the bed. It sucks.
Some of the national chain auto parts stores here will sometimes let you order parts & have them shipped up  with their regular orders & I can avoid paying the high cost of $hipping stuff to Alaska. If the tank is a brand that they sell that might work for me.
Thanks!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233365798858?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648
Toms classic. They also have one that comes with the straps for a few bucks more. Autocity classic has them also. Made in Taiwan  :005: but the quality looks OK.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Tom S

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2022-03-02 07:38
Tom check out the Ford F series rear tanks. ...
Bill, thanks, but that won't work for me. I want to keep & use the spare tire well. That's how it is now. It doesn't have the stock bed floor, just some diamond plate with a removable panel over the spare tire well.
That green thing near the front is the existing tank. It's all kinda crude, especially the fuel filler.

Tom S

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2022-03-02 09:11
https://www.ebay.com/itm/233365798858?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648
Toms classic. They also have one that comes with the straps for a few bucks more. Autocity classic has them also. Made in Taiwan  :005: but the quality looks OK.
Thank, Jim! Wonder, if like others have, they will balk at free shipping to Alaska. Maybe I'll find out some day. 

hiball3985

Quote from: Tom S on 2022-03-02 16:50
Thank, Jim! Wonder, if like others have, they will balk at free shipping to Alaska. Maybe I'll find out some day.
Tom, If you decide to go that way in the future start looking for a filler neck now if you don't have the OEM one. And sending unit too
I was afraid of shipping damage like so many things but it made it here OK. There is no protective packaging inside, just a tank in a cardboard box..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

First big car show of the season here in Amarillo this weekend. Convention center, indoors. Can't go.....just got my wife home from the knee surgery. I may try to sneak out for an hour to check out the new location of our first Saturday cruise. May not be too many there because of the car show.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

lalessi1

Going to a show today...1949 and older! Next week is the first one I will show my car. Rich it is the same show we were attending when you passed through here last year. There is an all Ford show in April. Weather here is as good as it gets. I have been putting a lot of effort into the '57 lately. More on that later!
Lynn

RICH MUISE

Cool. I promise I won't interrupt the show next week again! All Ford show in April.......do they have a long distance award?lol

FiveSevenLiter

Second attempt to add a photo.  I took my brochure and had it digitized and cleaned up the creases, then enlarged on photo paper, added a thrift store frame.
Terry
 :canada:

1957 Custom 300 - since 2012
1951 Mercury M3 - since 2004
1951 Ford F1 - since 1987
1950 Ford Tudor - since 2019
2009 Sport Trac Adrenalin

hiball3985

Quote from: FiveSevenLiter on 2022-04-07 11:05Second attempt to add a photo.  I took my brochure and had it digitized and cleaned up the creases, then enlarged on photo paper, added a thrift store frame.
Terry
 :canada:

Won't let me open the attachment.
Many of us are experiencing the same problem
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

lalessi1

Great to see we are back up and running!
Lynn

RICH MUISE

I haven't had much time to spend on the forum........ doing taxes (urgggg), and a major issue with our rental house's plumbing is chewing up most my time trying to get an estimate below 5 figures!. I haven't figured out the photo posting yet either.....or the clock fix.

mustang6984

So...what is the plumbing issue? (I may hate myself for asking...but...)
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

RICH MUISE

The 95 year old main line from the house out to the city sewer lines has finally given out. It goes right past an elm tree whose roots have pretty much destroyed it. The main problem (pun intended) is the city tie-in is on the other side of the street. In years past the city use to take care of work needed in the street digging/repaveing), but no longer. Expensive job at any rate, but the trenching and follow-up concrete work are putting it in the 8-10k range. OUCH!! We should have two quotes hopefully today. On a positive note, our tenant wants to buy the house. It's our old house that's in my avatar.

Lgcustom

The clock fix is in your account settings. You have to choose your time zone and update the settings.

RICH MUISE

I should have added that plumbing costs have gone crazy around here. When we lived in that house, we had that main line roto-rooted twice a year. $60ish back then 5 years ago. I just found out my tenant has been paying 150. (good tenant.....didn't want to bother us) but it's only been lasting 2-4 weeks lately. We had another plumber do the roto-rooting last week....140! One of the plumbers who is working on the quote ran a scope into the drain. That was 200.! took him 20 minutes!! How many quotes can a person get when they charge 90. for the service call???
As I've said before..trying to survive today's prices on yesterday's income is tough.