News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

FPA Headers

Started by JimNolan, 2011-07-28 07:43

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Norwell

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

Jeff Norwell

Ron....this hobby is just so damn expensive..... :burnout:
And when you lay out good hard earned cash and it don't work out....well....yikes.
I have a friend right now setting out to Bonneville with a tanker...can't get the engine to fire.....10k plus just in the engine...he is suppose to be on his way at this very moment.
anyhow...You guys get the point and I digress from Jim's headers.I wholeheartedly agree with Jim.... and wish him all the success.
I am sure it will go very smooth. :004:

JimNolan

Guys,
   You're going to find out next week how this all goes together. I changed my mind about waiting until after summer to do the cam and heads. I feel good right now so I'm going to use this feeling to get the most out of next week. I just came back from a car show. Now, I think I'll never go back to another car show. There was one shade spot close to where I was parked and in 90 degree heat that spot was premium property. I had to beat two six year olds and a guy in a wheel chair with a tire iron just to get that spot. Jim PS  There were 10 trophys in the 50's class. Six were won by 57 chevy's, three were won by 55 chevy's and one was won by a 55 Jaguaer. I was pleased beyond comprehension to see those fine examples of automobile engineering win in those numbers. I only hope one day my 57 Ford can aspire to the vehicular heights that the Tri-Five chevys have risen to. I feel like a Jew in 1940's Germany at some of these car shows. Now guys, I'm just kidding.   
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

Jeff Norwell

Quote from: JimNolan on 2011-08-06 14:35
Guys,
   You're going to find out next week how this all goes together. I changed my mind about waiting until after summer to do the cam and heads. I feel good right now so I'm going to use this feeling to get the most out of next week. I just came back from a car show. Now, I think I'll never go back to another car show. There was one shade spot close to where I was parked and in 90 degree heat that spot was premium property. I had to beat two six year olds and a guy in a wheel chair with a tire iron just to get that spot. Jim PS  There were 10 trophys in the 50's class. Six were won by 57 chevy's, three were won by 55 chevy's and one was won by a 55 Jaguaer. I was pleased beyond comprehension to see those fine examples of automobile engineering win in those numbers. I only hope one day my 57 Ford can aspire to the vehicular heights that the Tri-Five chevys have risen to. I feel like a Jew in 1940's Germany at some of these car shows. Now guys, I'm just kidding.   

HA HA HA

JPotter57

That's the way it is in a scrub world, Jim. That's why I like cruising, touring and drag events better than static car shows.  My dad will go to shows, but he parks his Falcon in the parking lot.  That car is a very nice car, capable of winning a show, but thats just not his thing.  Now your `57 on the other hand, Jim, that car is awesome, and should have no problem taking on the tri-five crowd.  The trouble is, most of the country has been brainwashed into believing that the last year of a design, afflicted by whatever add-on and band-aid styling they could tack on, is the icon of the automotive world.  Think about it:  the `57 Chevy, not a bad looking car, but there are others that are better looking.  The `56 Mercury, for example, has as bulky looking a front end, but has better lines at the rear.  The `57 Buick totally blows away the 57 Chevy, from any angle, and is the only other `57 vehicle that I really like.  The `55-57 Olds is a better looking car than the `57 Chevy, and on and on it goes.  This is the Bowtie obsessed world we live in, and I dont mind, because I can still afford to buy the basic car of my choice, whereas the tri-five Chevies are through the roof, and you need a good sized bankroll to get in the game over there.  For what I paid for my Custom, I couldnt even buy a 95% rust-filled tri-five chev, so I will stay happy knowing that I have the better looking car, and I don't have the price of a small house in the mountains invested in it.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

James,
    I still like the shows. I met a man today (Larry, I forget his last name) that is going to be hooking up with this website soon. He's restoring a 57 Fairlane Convertable. We talked about 45 min or so. Another guy I met was Ben Metsger ( both these guys live around Columbia City) with a nice little 58 four door custom with 390 3spd and he and his wife are restoring a 4 door 57 Fairlane 500 for her.  I spent another 45 minutes talking to that guy. Gave them both my card and and the name of this website so they could get hooked up with us. If it weren't for meeting and talking to those two guys today my day would have been a lot less pleasant.
   The popularity of the 57 Ford is only growing. I wasn't the last surviving 57 Ford enthusiast out there when I joined this website. They are still coming. I just hope I can set a good example for those people when they look at my car or talk to me. They won't know I'm there unless I present myself and my car at the shows. And, believe it or not, I do have a good attitude when it comes to losing. After all, I've done it enough to be a pro at it. Jim
PS. I've had my share of times when Tri-Fives went home saying " the judge must have been a relative of that guy in the 57 Fairlane". So, no matter how much I whine, don't ever feel sorry for me. It would be misplaced.

F570RD

My FPA's were a bit different.Are these for a stick car spiecific?

JimNolan

Yes, this is for the Lakewood bell housing and tremec 5 speed using the Z-bar for clutch actuation. Jim

Jeff Norwell

A Chevy?.... that's like driving a Taxi cab....

JimNolan

Oh, that's great. Now we're giving taxi cabs a bad name. Jim LOL

JPotter57

I'd rather drive a checker marathon than a chevy.....lol
Old, loud, and fast.

JimNolan

I ain't doing it. I went out this morning at 7:30 to take the car show paraphernalia out of the car and put the headers in the trunk and by the time I got through I was wringing wet with sweat. It'll have to wait until it doesn't kill me to swap everything around. Sorry. Jim
PS: From watching the weather channel on television you guys in Texas must think I'm a big sissy.

Ford Blue blood

Jim I know exactly what you are thinking!  I am in the block sanding stages with the wife's 65 Bird and it seams like I spend as much time with wiping up sweat drops as I do sanding!  Water, water and more water and a fan but I'm still only good for about 5 hours in the Alabama heat.  I just keep pushing on it so I can get to the Ranchero!  I have managed to sneek in a little work on it, got the roof repaired and in "second" primer coat with the inside cleaned, sealed and insulated.....
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

57AGIN

Jim & Guys in the Mid-Part of the Country:

Rick and I both know how you feel about the judging and America's love afair with the Heratbeat bunch.  We've experienced a lot of this over the years, but we also have quite a few Ford sponsored shows out here on the Left Coast.  We do get a lot of spectators at the general shows that tell us how much they appreciate seeing something other than a Tri-five Chevy showing up.  Lots and lots of guys & gals telling us about their 57 Ford experiences, or that of their parents.  All in all, I know I like going to both kinds of shows.  However both Rick and I envy you guys in the middle and other side of the country with your ability to go racing with your 57's.

Bob
57 AGIN

JPotter57

The people who come up and talk to you at events is my favorite part of driving my `61 F100.  I really miss driving my `57 for that reason too, but hopefully it will be up and around this winter sometime.  I will be getting my running 292 from fordblueblood in a few weeks, which will propel the old Custom nicely for a while, while I get my 312 built.
Old, loud, and fast.