News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

R.I.P. RAWms (Roger)

Started by shopratwoody, 2007-06-14 11:47

Previous topic - Next topic

JimNolan

I didn't know RAWms but for the knowledge he shared with me through this web-site. We will miss his advice and experience. The people that help us along our journey will not be forgotten. Condolences to his family and 57fordsforever.
Jim Nolan
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

57AGIN

James:

Great idea.  Roger was a true craftsman and always willing to share not only his successes, but also the things that didn't quite work out as anticipated.  Roger's wife, Diane indicated in her response to me that the family will continue working on Roger's Ranchero.  I'd suggest that in a couple of weeks, you might want to do an e-mail to Diane (rawms@roadrunner.com) and let her know what you would like to do in honor of Roger.  I'm certain they will be happy to share some pictures with you and in turn all of us.

Bob 57AGIN

JPotter57

I already have emailed Diane and she said she thought that would be a great idea.  She offered help if we need it.  I want to ask her for a couple photos of Roger, possibly working on his car or at his computer if she has something like that.  All of the photos I have of his car are complete, minus the front fenders.  Painted and everything, just no front clip yet.  She also told me that she her only daughter wanted to finish the car in his honor.  He was so close, I wish I was there to help.I know the board will be different withouht him here, but we will continue on.  Roger wouldn't want it any other way.  When I get a few photos together, I will try to get something nice together to remember our friend.  I would maybe like to set up a forum/guestbook for everyone to sign or leave a comment in, and after a few days, lock it so no more replies can be put there, then leave it for a while.  After an appropriate time, I could take it down, maybe archive it, or print it.  I think it would be a nice thing to send to his family, to let them know that he was definitley cared about by his many friends here.  Let me know if you guys have something in mind, and we can discuss it furhter here.   James P
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

JPotter57

Roger's wife sent me this photo of Roger today.  I will be putting together a page this week with a couple things in memory of Roger.  Anyone who wants to post a couple lines in it is welcome.  After everyone is finished posting, I will lock the thread, and use the posts in it in a new photo of Roger, from our club to Roger's family.  She offered to pay for it, but I won't have any of that.  I told her I would take care of all of that.  So this weekend, I will have a post here, and post your memories, or you can just sign your name to it.  I will take everything and add it to a photo.  Once that is done, I will post it at the main club site, then have it printed to send to Diane. 
Old, loud, and fast.

smurfee

I would feel proud to share in any & all exspences involved - SMURFEE :icon_bigsmurf:
NEVER LOOK BACK

JPotter57

Once we get this all taken care of, is there anyone in the vicinity of where Roger lived?  If so, would you be interested in helping to complete the car?  I'm not certain, but I believe all that is left is the final assembly.  From what I gathered from the emails I received from him, everything was painted and was just awaiting assembly.  The car runs, is tagged, etc.  I think it would be awesome for some of our west coast members to step up in this man's honor and memory, and take a part, even if a small part, in finishing Roger's dream.  Let me know if anyone out there is willing to help out.  Thanks in advance, guys...James P
Old, loud, and fast.

57AGIN

James:

That's a good thought.  Following the memorial, we should talk to Diane to see if they want to do the final assembly or if they would appreciate some help.  I'm sure that we can find some volunteers out here.

Bob
57AGIN