News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Banned from HAMB

Started by jarhead1986, 2012-07-26 20:16

Previous topic - Next topic

jarhead1986

Just got banned from the HAMB......

sprink88

How on earth did you manage that one?
~Chris

Zapato

And to think tomorrow would have been your 6 month anniversary.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

jarhead1986

Called some guy and asshole just kidding with him......It was a real ignorant reason i think. Everybody was having a good time
carrying on with each other .......well not everybody i guess.

JPotter57

Had to applaud you for that one man, lol...I'd say about 98% of those guys are just a little too hung up on themselves.  For the most part, I just lurk over there, I use the search feature a LOT.  The first time I asked a question there, some crusty old fart piped in, "there's a search for a reason, use it", so I pretty much do, and leave the hateful old dudes to themselves.  That is the main reason I run this site the way I do, I hate that crap, man.  Most of the members there are at least my age, some much older.  They need to grow up and act like it, instead of acting like my 7 year old.  You still have this site....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Limey57

Quote from: JPotter57 on 2012-07-26 22:53
For the most part, I just lurk over there, I use the search feature a LOT. 

Same here!  I knew there was a lot of other English guys on there, so, guessing that Limey's were accepted (or at least tolerated) on there I joined up when I got the Ranchero (previously used to use Chevytalk when I had a 60 Impala).  While I didn't suffer any grief on there it was very apparent that some of those guys were ego-stroking keyboard warriors.  I go to work to get grief, I don't need it on forums.

The best bit of advice I learned from the HAMB was the existance of a certain web site dedicated to 57 Ford lovers....... :thumbsup:
Gary

1957 Ranchero

JPotter57

1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ford Blue blood

Couldn't agree more James.  They have created a site that seams to provide hours of entertainment for the few "elete".  They have dubed themselves "traditional" and have no room for anything that doesn't fit into their narrow deffinition.  I actaully got trapped (tried not to respond but my fingers just couldn't help themselves) in a thread discussing hot rods/street rods and the GM ralley wheel.  I finally stopped when my challenge to define "traditional hot rod" was rebueked.  Being 65 and a car nut for as long as I can remember and reading every "car book/magazine" I could find as I remember it you didn't have a hot rod unless it was a 26 - 32 Ford, a 39/40 Ford coupe or a 49 - 51 Mercury.  Anything else was smiled at and a pat on the back was given.  I believe those attitudes gave birth to the muscle car era in the mid 60s and is the reason you couldn't give away a "traditional" hot rod.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

gasman826

I too have on occasion typed something that was not received in the spirit I meant.  HAMB members are very unforgiving.  Rather than offering help, many are just waiting to pounce on a opportunity to belittle another member.  I also just pretty much 'surf'.  Actually, I'm impressed...I didn't think you could get banned from HAMB.  You must have insulted one of the thin skinned royalty.

Alex L.

I got banned from the hamb about 5 months ago. Mine was for a decent reason though. I got really pissed off with all the whiny BS on there and started a thread basically telling them all off and using some amusing insults. I got banned very quickly.

I agree, the people there need to step back from the keyboard, have a whiskey or smoke a joint and then just chill out a little.

The action was a little different from the way I act, but I just got fed up with all the high and mighty hamb crap

glen b henderson

Ya'll talking about the "Hot Air Message Board", when I get really bored, I know I can always find a good joke over there. In all fairness though, there are a few good builders who post some good technical and build threads. But for the most part its a bunch of keyboard jockeys that have too much time on their hands.
Freedom is not Free

F570RD

Haven't been banded but have got'n violations.It seems to be so busy that some times it may trip over its self.Here a guy can live full measure before getting off at Willoughby.

glen b henderson

By the way Jarhead, I just noticed where you are from, just what part of BAMA are you from?
Freedom is not Free

wv 57s forever

went on hamb looked around on one thread saw two or three people with more than six thousand post. maybe they should get a life.

jarhead1986

I'm from Cordova. Its in walker county.