News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Nascar 57 on ebay

Started by Zapato, 2013-10-28 01:24

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

was trolling ebay Friday night and there was a who knows replica or survivor 57 Nascar racecar. pretty much like the Fireball car. #20 with a starting bid of $50,000, couldn't find it today. maybe someone else will have better luck.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

hiball3985

JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

JPotter57

That one allegedly was a real one with history that was restored.  Looks cool. regardless.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

hiball3985

I'd love to have one of the Nascar version but my bank account says NO WAY :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

that's the one...............

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Limey57

I love restored race cars, but you've got to have a decent bank account to buy what is in effect a large ornament, not street legal (and to make it street legal would spoil the whole point of it) and too nice to race!  Classic saloon racing is popular here and some very rare machinery ends up as very expensive bent metal!

However, if someone very rich passes away tomorrow and leaves me a huge bag of money in their will I might just buy myself a private race track and get the itch for a period-race car to scare myself to death with......
Gary

1957 Ranchero

RICH MUISE

saloon racing...anything like bar hoping? We have that alot here..also ending up with alot of bent metal.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

modifieddriver

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-10-28 22:59
saloon racing...anything like bar hoping? We have that alot here..also ending up with alot of bent metal.

I has a vision of bar stool racing.
If ya' really want it, all ya' have to do is "STEP- UP"

Limey57

Quote from: RICH MUISE on 2013-10-28 22:59

Bar hopping, we also have that, it gets VERY messy, so I'm told because after an hour my memory starts to get real fuzzy............

Sorry, I was in UK-English mode, not US-English mode, what I should have said was "Classic SEDAN Racing".  Very popular here with different classes for different years, its quite entertaining, especially when you've got something like a Ford Galaxy being chased by a Mini Cooper!

Gary

1957 Ranchero

hiball3985

We have a classic car series here in the US, I attended once at Willow Springs. It was crazy, everything from full size Nascar Galaxies, Triumphs to 1923 somethings all running at the same time. I'd love to run a 57 in that series.
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang