News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Philbin Group

Started by Zapato, 2014-10-09 14:05

Previous topic - Next topic

Zapato

While back I recommended Philbin as a rebuilder of distributors, wiper motors and this was based on 40 year old experience and the fact that its still owned by the same family that started it over 100 years ago.

So today I took a pair of 59/60 Ford electric wiper motors to be rebuilt. Brought both as he may need parts from either one to make one good one. We also dropped of a flathead Ford distributor for complete rebuild.

Anyway, its the same guy that did stuff for me in the late 60s early 70s. And the place looks just as disorganized. Their work was always excellent.

So in a couple weeks I'll report back and let you know how it all goes. Then I'll feel better recommending them. I have no doubt all will be fine.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

Zapato

Am sad to say but after almost 2 months my wiper motors are no better off than before. Went by there today and believe I'll swing back next week and just take them back. Stopped by a repair shop my brother uses and the owner said he's left a lot of stuff there over the years, and he meant LEFT as never fixed.

Rich,  believe they might be in the recommended shop list, if so please remove them.

Zapato

RICH MUISE

I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hotroddonnie

Zap I'm sorry to here your disappointed in your last and final trip to that company, I could tell you were hoping to give them another good report. Sad thing is people have changed and service sucks today but I don't need to tell you or anyone else that! HRD

Zapato

HRD, at least no one got burned on this one.

Zapato

Zapato

Met some of my old co-workers for lunch yesterday so swung by and retrieved my wiper motors. Sad to see how far downhill this once thriving business has gone. For his sake hope the fire marshal never walks in there or he'd be done.

Will give him credit, the flathead distributor looks great but have to wonder how long it would have sat before we got a call back that it was done.

Zapato

Partsman

Several years ago I had the same problem with them on my 57 Chev (gasp) wiper motor in my 57 Ranchero and found the way to get results was call every 3 or 4 days and actually stop by several times.  Being in Oregon City it was not hard to stop by.  Unfortunately not everyone has that luxury.  The work was good but frustrating that it took some time to get it done.
Bill