News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

MBM brakes kit

Started by campy38, 2024-05-20 15:28

Previous topic - Next topic

campy38

I have tried to search but I have not had any luck. Has anyone used MBM brake kit or "pirate jack" on eBay. I have read mixed reviews on other forums but not any Ford forums. Was curious if anyone has opinions on them before I chance it and buy. I'm curious if it's too good to be true. The kit is 650$ which seems slightly suspicious to me.
Max-
57 Fairlane (flamin mo)
"speed's just a question of money. How fast you wanna go?"

RICH MUISE

Let us know how it works out.
fwiw, My front brake kit was drop n' stop, except not their booster/master. For that I used '02 (?)MUstang hydroboost, and the rotor/caliper were  '86(?)Granada. My back kit was made by StainlessSteel Brakes Inc,.....based on '88 T-Bird stuff.  Tried to keep it all Ford when possible. Neither company is still in business.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Sorry, can't comment on that kit or outfit.  Never heard of them and no experience with them.

For the best results, ease of installation and availability of replacement parts look carefully at the components the kit is made of.  The easy part is the bracket.  The rest is how well it all works from start to finish.  My personal experience has been research, research and more research.  Having said that, cost is relative, cheap stuff don't mean it is bad, costly don't mean good either.  It is my experience that you get what you pay for with respect to tech assist, parts and of course fit and finish. 
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II