News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Custom 300 Body Off

Started by fdlrc, 2019-01-21 18:17

Previous topic - Next topic

fdlrc

Ford Racing Boss 302
Fitech efi
T5 tranny/Cobra gear set
4-Bar rear suspension with coil-overs/narrowed 1.5" total/3.70 gears
Fat Man 2.5" drop spindles
Wilwood disc brakes front and rear
Borgenson power steering box
17" wheels and tires
Vintage Air Gen IV
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

fdlrc

More pics.

KYBlueOval

I like it............. a lot! Very nice.

RICH MUISE

Awesome Les. You've been busy! Makes me want to do mine over again, lol. Nice to see you posting. I love the frame mods.
Not sure about the tri-state swap meet coming up soon, are you planning on going?
Guys, as you can see in Les' avatar, he had a great looking 57 even before he started all this.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Tom S

Quote from: KYBlueOval on 2019-01-21 18:49
I like it............. a lot! Very nice.
Likewise! 
Les, has your trans x-member been modified in any way to clear the exhaust?  If so, do you have any pix of it?

RICH MUISE

Les, if I remember correctly, you had the new motor installed and driving before you decided to disassemble and rebuild the car, so I'm wondering about the FITech efi, and how you like it. Rich K from Denver is considering adding efi to his y-block, and I told him I had been reading good stuff about FIT.

fdlrc

Rich, my plan is go to swap meet. If you can make it let me know. Regarding the Fitech: I have a little more low end throttle response although fuel mileage hasn't improved...a little surprised. I have dual electric fans and it controls one fan running or both depending on engine temp. I installed new fuel tank with their in-tank fuel pump and return line. I no longer have to worry about gas boiling in float bowl. When I get my A/C hooked up it will step up idle when compressor kicks on. Once I get it on the road again I will take a closer look at fuel mileage and make sure my settings are correct. I basically ran it out of the box other than set temp settings and initial timing -  I did lock out my MSD distributor's timing advance; this unit controls all ignition timing.

fdlrc

I made no modifications to tranny crossmember, it is just a shadow in picture. I did notch the 4-bar crossmember and the body behind rear seat area for exhaust clearance. Engine, tranny, narrowed rear end and exhaust where installed and car on the road before I blew it apart. 4-bar rear suspension is only thing added that hasn't been road tested. Tom, only mod to front crossmember was for the T-5 tranny.

RICH MUISE

Do you have your replacement body mount kit yet? Those can be a problem if the manufacturer (Dennis Carpenter) runs out.
I'll definetly give you a buzz if I go to the swap meet. If the weather permits, and I've got travelling $, I may take the '57 up, but really don't want to take it into that Denver/swap meet traffic, so maybe I could leave my '57 at your place and hitch a ride up there with you? I don't need anything, but it is the middle of winter and car stuff to do is so far and in between.

fdlrc

Got the kit some time ago, good heads up. Ya, we can ride up, keep me posted. Not ever needing anything has never prevented me from buying!! Plus, if you get it on sale it's like making money.

fdlrc

Interior- I added radio and clock as it came with delete plates.

fdlrc

Getting all new American Autowire harness and 22 circuit panel.

Tom S

Quote from: fdlrc on 2019-01-22 10:35
I made no modifications to tranny crossmember ...
Thanks!
I think the notches the 4-bar x-member are what prompted me to ask. I was just curious to see what your mod may have looked like if it had been notched.  Was sort of looking for different ways to notch mine in the future. I know you don't have an FE engine but the headers I'm considering for my FE need to have that x-member modified for exhaust pipe clearance. May just build a different trans x-member instead of cuttin' up the stocker.
Your car & those mods look great!

djfordmanjack

that is one beautiful car and stunning build !!! love how you left the body and interior all stock in appearance. this is seriously pretty ! congrats to fine taste and great car !

djfordmanjack

can't stop looking at the wonderfully interesting pics ! the purpose built wooden bench for the dash mockup/wiring is great !