News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Custom 300 Body Off

Started by fdlrc, 2019-01-21 18:17

Previous topic - Next topic

mustang6984

Our minds are in the same channel. I like the stock look as well...and was where I was going to go with my Courier...other than the wheels and probably paint color. I am going to also go with the slightly lower look...other than that...will look like it came off the assembly line.
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

CobraJoe

Absolutely gorgeous !
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

djfordmanjack

Beautiful !!! absolutely stunning car !

fdlrc

Garden of the Gods and Pikes Peak as backdrop.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

mustang6984

SIGH...I am jealous! Looks really nice. Great color contrast on the pics too between the hills and the car. Makes the ol' gal really pop in those pics!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

djfordmanjack

WOW ! Tremendous pics ! Real sweet !

CobraJoe

When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

Marc

hiball3985

Outstanding, both the car and the pictures. I always dreamed of driving Pikes Peak but after they paved the best part I sort of lost interest..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

rmk57

Beautiful car and very nice photography.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Sure, Les, make me homesick!! Our old house was about 3 miles south of there in the foothills/upper Skyway. Those last two pics taken from the overlook on Mesa Drive just above 31st St.? That's gotta be one of the prettiest sceneries in all of the U.S.!!
The car looks absolutely outstanding, and I'll bet with that Ford Motorsports crate engine it's nothing like it was!
Now, go get me some pics from the Cripple Creek overlook with the Continental Divide in the background! Hurry, before the snow melts, and watch out for elk.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

fdlrc

Rich, I knew you'd know where I took the pictures! Mesa overlook is exactly where. In fact all pictures were taken from the same place. The second one is taken facing N.W., towards where 31 St. goes by Glen Eyrie. Hmm, Cripple Creek.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

Wirenut

Love the stance and the wheels, beautiful car.

RICH MUISE

Pikes Peak is tough to do even for people who breath normally. No more 14ers for me. For those that don't know, Cripple Creek is about 180* on the other side of Pikes Peak from where Les was taking pictures overlooking Garden of the Gods. About a 42 mile drive from there. Garden of the Gods is a don't miss for those passing thru Colorado Springs. Oddly enough, it's not a National Monument, not even a state park.......it's just a city park and they want to keep it that way!
Les, I thought maybe the first two pics were from a lower elevation..........just camera angle playing tricks.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ford Blue blood

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2020-05-08 10:49
Outstanding, both the car and the pictures. I always dreamed of driving Pikes Peak but after they paved the best part I sort of lost interest..

You need to do it!  The thrill of hitting the turns at speed and accelerating out of them is quite a rush!  Did it in 2013 and would do it again in a minute.  My oldest kid works in the Protocol Office at the Academy so during the next visit out there I will run it again.  I do have to confess I did not follow the speed limit, hit it early in the morning during the week and there is no traffic going up to impede the fun!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II