News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 Custom 300 Body Off

Started by fdlrc, 2019-01-21 18:17

Previous topic - Next topic

RICH MUISE

One thing I forgot to mention....when you stripped your car down, you may have noticed that MANY of the body panels on our cars are overlapped.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

Good point, plenty of lap seams in the floors

RICH MUISE

Actually, thinking about it, what isn't a lap joint. headlight and inner tailight surrounds, doors, rear quarters, roof, pillars, trunk lid, hood, cowl, etc.

Ford Blue blood

Still done that way today.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

RICH MUISE

fdlrc

I've been out of town. I'm about ready for finish paint but delayed since my painter guy is getting into a
new building. So now I'm looking for April. I'm trying to catch up on readings posts, especially your continuing story - what a pickle. Thanks for checking in.
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco

fdlrc

Making some progress after a delay.

fdlrc

mustang6984

Quote from: fdlrc on 2019-07-10 21:58

Lookin' good! Really good. I am a chunk away from paint...still have to finish frame stuff, then floors and rockers under the doors. But it is sure nice to see someone making progress...keeps others in the hunt! Congrats!
Looks like you had begun on the spaghetti too! (wiring) I bought a "wiring for dummies" set...with the location of each wire printed on them every 6 inches! LOL!!!
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

fdlrc

Thanks, my harness is from American Autowire. They make it as easy as they can. Hardest part was jumping in and not being intimidated. The proof of the pudding will be when I hook up the battery for the first time.

fdlrc

Rich, you mention in another post that with me getting my 57 together, well, what to do next? Just yesterday I was talking with my wife about working on my old Bronco next. I bought it new in 74, rebuilt it in 98 with my son. After giving it to my son in 03 , it's time to take body off again and redo it.

fdlrc

Since I'm starting to make progress again I'll take this opportunity to post a few pics. Other than attaching rear antenna, fuel tank, color sanding trunk deck and installing rear glass, the back is pretty much done. I'll get the front clip together after I complete the wiring.

fdlrc

mustang6984

Looking really nice! I am especially impressed with the fitment of your trunk and doors! Looks oh so sweet! Gonna be a heck of a head-turner on the streets!  :003:
Nothing is impossible...
The word it's self says I'M POSSIBLE  (Audrey Hepburn)
2 '57 Ford Couriers AND '57 Fairlane
3 Mustangs, '69 fastback-'84 SVO-'88 Saleen Convertible
'49 Ford P/U
'50 Dodge P/U
'82 RX-7
'65 Chrysler New Yorker

fdlrc

Thanks, the truck deck was a real pain; had to add metal here, take away there. It was obviously put together during a repaint many years ago without any attention to detail.