News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Dennis Carpenter upper balljoint

Started by Edsel58, 2010-10-12 15:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Edsel58

I just recieved my upper controll arm balljoints. But the hole in my Edsel (Fairlane) controll arms are to small. Or, I guess the chineese balljoints are to big. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks,

Johan

Lou

Sounds like they sent you ball joints for a 55/56 Ford.

canadian_ranchero

ford used the same upper ball joint on the full size cars from 57 to 78.check your local auto parts store for them

Edsel58

Its not for ?55-?56 Fords. They look different. This ones looks right but are a bit to big for the hole in the controll arm.

Johan

shopratwoody

Have you called Dennis Carpenter?
I hate blocksanding!

Edsel58

Yes, but they could not understant why they would not fit.
Offcourse I could return them, but I live in Sweden so its not that simple to return.

RICH MUISE

ouch..Being in Sweeden does present a return problem. There are pics of the upper balljoint installed in the Gallery, in "under construction"...don't know if a pic helps but it sure can't hurt to compare visually. There's one in about the fifth row down, and another about 10 rows further. I've got to ask because I don't know you're mechanical skill level, and I remember my doublechecking to make sure I had them right..you are installing the ball joint with the flange on top of the control arm? I only ask because if you were trying to install the joint with the flange under the control arm, the hole would be too small for the housing.  Rich
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Edsel58

Thanks for the input. Greate pics!

I solved the problem by fileing the hole in the control arm up a bit. Not right, but I guess I wont change them ever again.

Isnt it strange, its the same thing here in Sweden. Companies move the production to china and india and we end up without jobs and crap parts.

Johan

shopratwoody

That's the truth. I'm always looking for good old stuff in tools etc.
And they wonder what happened to the economy here. Don't get
me started :003:
I hate blocksanding!