News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Door window division, channel

Started by Jimburnaugh, 2016-04-04 20:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Jimburnaugh

I need some help as to where to locate the front door window channel (nearest rear of door) and the top piece, I have the vent window division , which is the front channel, can't find the rear or top in catalogs.   I have a ranchero.  Are these not reproduced?  Also the lower glass channels, Mac's has for 56 but not 57 . Looking at Mac's catalog again, is the part I want called "front door glass run".  But I still don't see anything for the top of the door. Thanks for the help. People on this forum have helped me find a lot of parts, I really appreciate it. 

lalessi1

I have U shape flexible channels I am planning on using on my Custom, I think that these are what you might be looking for. I am not sure where I bought them but I will look for the receipt..maybe Steele Rubber?

http://www.steelerubber.com/flexible-run-channel-70-0751-58

Try this...
Lynn

57chero

I purchased all the pieces for my Ranchero through Concours Parts.

RICH MUISE

The rear and top are one piece and should be available either preformed with the clips attached (concorse) as 57chero said, or as lengths like Lynn has. The lengths are available at classicautoparts.com in OK city. both parts may be available at both those distributors..not sure. If you go the do it yourself route with the length stuff, there is a thread somewhere here with lots of info. It was one of my first posts on this forum so it can be found by checking my early posts. If you don't have the oems available to pull the clips off, I'd suggest making sure they are available before you order the lengths.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Jimburnaugh

Thanks guys, I don't have any of the old parts, so the flex channel is a good idea but don't know about attaching it.  I will check concours parts.   

57chero

The door window channel has the attaching pieces built on and spaced correctly to snap in to holes around the window opening on the door.

Jimburnaugh

I lo?ked at Comcours website, they don't show any window channels for 57.  Does the 56 window parts fit 57? I will check out the other website .   Thanks.

BWhitmore

If you are talking about the window channel with the fuzzy material this channel can be purchased in 6 foot lengths and configured to fit your application.  The stuff is hard to bend and get smooth, non-rippled bends, but it can be done using the proper size pipe to bend the channel.  I have used weatherstrip cement to glue the channel in place with no problems.  Check with Restoration Supply Co in Escondido, Ca for the channel.

RICH MUISE

56 is not the same as 57. I'd give Concorse a call to see if they stopped carrying the premade assemblies. We know they did carry it not too long ago. I also could not find the lengths in the www.classicautoparts.com site, so same there...maybe a call. If you do go with the lengths let us know and I'll find the thread on making them.

57chero

(Concours parts) ranchero/ 2dr sedan/2dr wgn. Door glass run part # B7A-7021550-A

Anti rattle kit for same part#B7A-7021452/3

BWhitmore

Another source for the 6 ft long channels are vendors at major swap meets.

RICH MUISE

here's the link for the thread here I mentioned above:
http://57fordsforever.com/smf/index.php?topic=1405.msg7647#msg7647

just scroll to the beginning after it opens