News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero Tailgate Bumpers

Started by shopratwoody, 2007-06-02 16:18

Previous topic - Next topic

shopratwoody

Does anyone know where these go exactly. Anyone with a picture
Thanks, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

RAWms

Ron,

The "L" shape go at the top of the latch.  The others you picture I also have but never figured out where they went.  Maybe they are for a station wagon setup with a top window.

Heck, it is Saturday night with a cold one, I will go take a picture...

Here is the upper bumper, the "L" shaped guy:

The lower bumper looks more like a domed round top and a screw down the middle.  It needs to be put on before the final jam trim is put into place.  Here you go:

r
Time working or driving your ride is NOT subtracted from your life clock.

...as of Apr 2007

shopratwoody

Thanks Roger,
with the car painted I want to put these on before the guy sands and buffs it. Steve sent these to me
and the packages were marked Ranchero. I'll give him a call tomorrow.
Thanks again, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!

Frankenstein57

Hey Ron, how was it doing the wheel radius on your ride? Sorry to change the subject here . I posted for, and emailed Briney, but he's probably busy with his moms health, or didn't see it. I had a heck of a time getting my rear tires off, and they're not all that big! I do have to do some rear frame repairs, might change to a link type suspension, which would solve the problem. Thanks, Mark

shopratwoody

Mark
the rear tires aren't a fun project to change. Mainly because my tailpipes are under the housing. When the
car ran slicks the fenders were full radiused so no problem. Built sheetmetal new panels and as long as you
let the air out wasn't bad. The tailpipes won't let the housing hang muck so it's a hassell. The housing is
narrowed 1.5 in. overall. Just let the air out and find some patience.
later, Ron :004:
I hate blocksanding!