News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

ranchero-judgement day

Started by Frankenstein57, 2013-03-10 11:19

Previous topic - Next topic

Frankenstein57

Well, I've been delaying the inevitable for awhile now. So I took the sawzall to the 57 body, cut it up like a fish. Then I re-arranged the shop, shoveled the snow out of the donor body, and brought it in. I cleaned out the interior, swept up the debris, and gave it a good look see. My decision was a good one, this new body needs some quarter and rocker work, but the floors, rear under floors,door jambs, cowls, body mounts, floor braces,bed area, is all miles ahead of the old body. I'm fired up! :blob3: :fruit: :blob8:

6cyl57

wow !!! that is a major undertaking. Cant wait to see this project progress.
I have done a few frame / body offs. Complete floor replace on K-5 Blazer.
BUUUUUT never anything that big ....yet.
Keep us posted, wish you the best.

sprink88

~Chris

RICH MUISE

Mark...LOL...you know how easily I get confused.....You are using the complete body from the new donor car, and you just cut up the old one to make it easier to handle for disposal..or to save some of the old body...or?
the more important question though...where does one get a life size poster/ad of Danica??
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Frankenstein57

Rich, I probably am guilty of throwing random posts out there thinking you guys are aware of what I'm working on. So for any new members or those wondering wtf? Here goes, I always loved 57's, both my brothers had them so I was raised on them. My folks had a 57, and a 58-352 stick which my mom drove. We had a local racer that absolutely dominated dirt tracks growing up, with a 57.He is a good friend, 20 years my senior, and calls me all the time. He also owns the custom 300 I posted awhile back.I raced 57& 58's for 3 years, still have parts from those cars.My brother died in 79, I inherited his 57 ranchero. I couldn't jump in and drive his car around, so it took time, car sat. When the car and I were to turn 50, I decided it was time to fix it up.I had collected a bunch of stuff , versaile rear end, torino spindles, dual master setup. Well, long story short! The floor jack went right up through the frame on my brothers car, so I searched for a suitable body, you guessed it, the blue and white one I just cut up. The add said some rust, should have said some rust everywhere. So, we were able to save the frame and chassis, you can see it in the gallery, projects. And the body is going on that chassis. Chassis has a bunch of work in it, we racecar-ed it up. I'm going to try to scan some pics of my brothers ranchero, these are from 78-79. I still have many parts from this car, some on my 58, some going on the 57.As for the Danica poster, my sister is the head lunch lady at the high school, Danica was a spokesperson for the milk industry. Hope I didn't ramble on to much,     Mark