News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero Seat

Started by LAUDY57, 2013-06-18 11:43

Previous topic - Next topic

LAUDY57

Any of you ranchero guys have a seat like this? Met him at a S&Shine last weekend, looks like he's got it made in the shade!
"That Guy" keeps stealing everything I put down!

RICH MUISE

Nice.....I just love it when guys come up with different stuff. Bring you own shade! Don't guess he's planning on haulin' much anyway. Thanks for posting Lorne.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Zapato

Nicely executed idea.

Zap- :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

57AGIN

LAUDY57:

I just noticed that the nice looking Ranchero with the neat tail gate seat has a front opening hood.  That's the first 57 I've seen to do that modification.  I also noticed that his fire wall and heater box looks like it might belong to a 55 or 56 Ford.  If so, the job he did is nice and probably involved lots of work and fabricating.  Am I nuts and just imagining things??? lol  In any event the car looks great. IMO

Bob
57 AGIN

gasman826

Nice catch.  Core support and inner fenders are also not '57.

hiball3985

It appears that the shot of the Yblock with tri power is from another car and not the Ranchero. Even the fender colors are different.
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

RICH MUISE

LOL....Man, am I missing stuff. I'm just too easily lead down the wrong path. Seems I remember my parents talking about that when I was a kid. First, I never noticed the front opening hood on what I thought was the '57, then I never noticed it wasn't the '57. I did however notice that tailgate seat has got to be removed before closing the tailgate.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

LAUDY57

You guys are sharp, in my haste to resize the pics I had included the engine shot from the car next to the Ranchero. Sorry- my bad, but I do like tri-power engines.

hiball3985

No bad at all, I love the Y, glad you posted it even if in error..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Zapato

What I'm trying to figure out are those speakers or headrests.

Zap-
Zapato

LAUDY57

The headrests were made from spotlights. There was a lor of stuff on that car, eg. a big eyeball in the centre of the horn ring, pretty much everything except dingle balls. I said to him that it looks like you've had your car awhile, you've done a lot to it.

Zapato

do love the MOPAR oil filter on that beautiful y-block.

Zapato

hiball3985

Is that upholstery I see in the front wheel well  :003:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

LAUDY57

Now I didn't catch that, sure looks like tuck n roll.

Zapato

Quote from: hiball3985 on 2013-06-20 07:43
Is that upholstery I see in the front wheel well  :003:

Yup, that's what is common show car trick at one time. all about adding judges points to your card.

Really hate picking someone's car apart, he has a big grin on his face and his car is road worthy and mine is just an ever growing parts pile. Plus I do like ''different'' and it fits that. Now is he a member here? If not, why?
Zapato