News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Instrument Cluster

Started by Raven Rider, 2014-09-23 21:14

Previous topic - Next topic

Raven Rider

I received 2 extra Instrument clusters in the pile of extra parts I got when I bought my Ranch Wagon.  My question is one of the two extra IC is red with white face gauges instead of black with black face gauges like the one in the RW and the other one is blue with black face gauges.  What model used the white face gauges?  I like the white face gauges  and I'm thinking about swapping it out and it is better shape than the other two.

Ford Blue blood

Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

canadian_ranchero

yes in 1958 the gauges and clock faces are white

Raven Rider

Cool thanks I like the white gauges

Raven Rider

I have my instrument cluster separated and I need to clean the front plastic parts that have the numbers on it.  How do I  separate the semi circle plastic piece that has the speedometer numbers from the metal piece?

RICH MUISE

Jerry...I'm trying to remember a few years back when 57Agin was looking for some tiny little clips for the gage cluster. I pulled them off my panel I wasn't using, and if I remember correctly those little spring clips are what holds the plastic's metal retainer in..not sure what else they'd have been for....I'll try to find some pics. They are no longer than 1/4". Don't lose yours!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Raven Rider

I see those so I will mess around and see if I can figure it out thanks Rich.