News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 ford 3spd.trans

Started by hoover, 2014-05-10 20:48

Previous topic - Next topic

hoover

1957 ford trans.    $300.00  hooversab@aol.com

sprink88

Where are you located? Does it need rebuild? Oil or air cooled? aluminum or cast tail shaft/body?
~Chris

hoover

hi, it is a stick trans sorry.   you must be looking for an automatic?      upper pen.of mich

Lou

Which 3 speed trans? There were 3 different ones in 1957.

sprink88

Yes, I was looking for a Ford o
~Chris

hoover

my ford buddy stoped by and told me one is a borg-worner,     $150.00    the other is a 1965 and up overdive . It has a cover like a top loader trans.   $200.00   

SkylinerRon

B-W has a curved bottom side cover.
Ford has a straight bottom side cover
There was a top cover light duty O.D in 57 also (non syncro 1st gear)

Ron.

hoover

thanks I will check on them tomorrow     joe

brushwolf

I have at least several 57, 58, 59 and 61 and 63 automatics. The 63's are off FE motors and one of those was in good shape when pulled a few years ago, the other unknown condition. Most are complete with torque convertor and flywheel, one of the 61's was supposedly rebuilt and never used. Don't know the condition of the others as most were off motors that were stuck and came from cars I parted out over the years. I also have some stick tranny's but hoarding most if those for my own use. Am 60 miles north of St. Paul but some of the tranny's are still on excess stuck Y block motors and other parts in a pole building north of Alexandria Minnesota. Brushwolf2@gmail.com.
51 Victoria
55 Crown Victoria
55 Dodge Royal 2 Dr hdtp
56 Mercury Montclair 2 dr hdtp
57 Ford Sunliner
57 Ford Skyliner
57 Chev Bel Air 2 dr hdtp
57 Dodge Custom Royal 2 dr hdtp (factory hemi)
58 Ford Skyliner
58 Fairlane 500 4 dr
59 Thunderbird
60 Impala 2 dr hdtp
61 Galaxie Sunliner
62 Thunderbird