News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Lowering blocks What works?

Started by 57 ranchero, 2019-03-17 09:25

Previous topic - Next topic

57 ranchero

Wanting to use 3" lowering blocks on my ranchero, do i need something special or will a set of universal ones from speedway work Any special angles ??
Any help would be appreciated    Thanks

CobraJoe

I removed a set of 1" blocks from mine. They worked with no issues. Next time I go to my shop, I'll see if they have a name on them.
When I was fourteen years old, I was amazed at how unintelligent my father was. By the time I turned twenty-one, I was astounded at how much he had learned in the last seven years!
'15 F150, '96 Bronco, '39 Ford Coupe, '17 Escape, '57 Fairlane

lalessi1

I got 2" blocks from Butch's Cool Stuff. I replaced those with 1" from Scott Drake (I think). 2" was a little too much for me. Make sure you get the right width... 2" I think.
Lynn

gasman826

3" block will make tire removal much harder.  The blocks will also increase the rotational leverage...wheel hop/spring wrap.

fdlrc

With stock springs and 2.5" drop spindles I tried 2" blocks from Butches. To low, I made 1" blocks, they were perfect. I've posted pics that shows stance. I have 17" wheels, but close to stock overall tire diameter. I also narrowed rear end 3/4" each side.

Members Rides: Colorado 57 Custom 300 and in Project Builds: 57 Custom 300 Body Off
Other- Original owner of 1974 Bronco