News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Source for coil springs.

Started by 59meteor, 2019-07-02 12:33

Previous topic - Next topic

59meteor

While I have my front suspension apart to replace all the bushings and ball joints, I figure it wouldn`t be a bad idea to replace the 60 year old original front coil springs. I am not wanting to raise or lower the car, or make it ride rough with heavy rate springs, just would like new, normal stock replacement springs. Eaton Detroit lists new coils, but at $189.00 a pair, that seems pretty stiff, considering I have bought new MOOG coils for newer cars for 1/3rd of that price. But I have not been able to find a listing from MOOG for a 57-59 Ford car. Anybody know of a place that sells or makes a stock replacement, or am I stuck with the price (and shipping cost) of dealing with Eaton Detroit? I already have new rear leaf springs, so it would be nice to have new springs in the car. Thanks.
1959 Meteor 2 door sedan , 428 Cobra Jet 4 speed. Been drag racing Fords (mostly FEs) 47 years and counting.
Previous 50s Fords include 57 Custom 4 door, 2 57 Ford Sedan Deliveries, 59  Country Sedan, and as a 9 year old, fell in love with the family 58 2 door Ranch Wagon.

wv 57s forever

espo springs and things, might check there price

RICH MUISE

Just my 2C....Eatons was the only place I found when I was looking, but that was 10 years ago. I honestly don't think that price is all that bad, but you're probably looking at exchange rates and customs fees?
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Rory, have you tried Mcallister or Dendoff springs? There both out your way and may have specs for coil springs for older cars.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429