News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Steering Wheel for 55 ford fairlane

Started by BubbaDave, 2020-08-11 14:09

Previous topic - Next topic

BubbaDave

Anybody have recommendation on were I can purchase a Nice Steering wheel for my 55 Ford Fairlane. The original one is cracked and broken. I installed a borg power steering system so I don't need the big steering wheel anymore. I know I can look online but don't know what kind of support I will get if it doesn't fit or works out. Thanks

RICH MUISE

I believe they make a smaller version of the Thunderbird steering wheel. Check out the T-Bird suppliers. I'm also pretty sure I read about someone using them on our vintage full size Fords, but not 100% on that.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

Ray Summitt

I have one of the reproduction T-Bird 15" steering wheels on my 57 2dr ht.

Ray

BubbaDave

Have any links to the thunderbird site?

Ray Summitt

This is where I purchased mine:
Allwebretro.com

Ray

suede57ford

Repo of the original '57 Thunderbird steering wheel is considerably smaller than a '55 Ford wheel.    The 15" aftermarket version works good with Borgesson Box or Rack.
57 2dr Sedan, Black,VR57 Supercharged Y-block
57 T-bird, 460 C6
57 Ranchwagon, 5.0 AOD
57 Ranchero, VR57 Supercharged
57 Courier Delivery, 460 C6
57 2dr Sedan, Red/White
69 Mach1 428 R-Code
69 Talladega 428
69 Bronco 5.0
70 Torino Cobra SCJ 4spd,4:30 Drag Pak
34 Ford P.U. 427 Ford, 2-4s
69 Boss 429

tim bullion

Does anyone know what wheel adapter I need for a my 57 country sedan in order mount a custom CON-R2 15" wheel.  The company and I can find no listing for the 3 whole pattern  required. MAC'S has them for 56, 58 but for some reason where ever we look the only listing is for 57 t bird. Will the Grant Fairlane 58 or 56 adapter work?

lalessi1

I have Grant wheel on my '57, I am not sure about the wheel you are talking about. I tried one adapter but the turn signal cancel didn't work I wound up using a different one with a different cancel design and it worked with my '59 horn button. If you have a "Grant" pattern I will try to find what I wound up using. I still have the first one you can try...
Lynn

SkylinerRon

They came as kits with the mount, turn signal canceling, horn parts and a chrome filler ring to hide the steering column.

As I remember 1957 was a one year only kit and was hard to find even back in the 60's. The horn set-up was pure junk.

I'd try calling Grant.

Good luck,

Ron.