News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957 Fairlane Heater core removal

Started by chapingo17, 2016-12-13 20:00

Previous topic - Next topic

chapingo17

Has anyone removed the heater core on these vehicles? I'm the process of probably removing heater core not sure how complicated is. I blow on it and is pretty clogged.

lalessi1

If you have a factory heater...Take out the glove box liner (for easy access) ... Remove the distributionn plenum and disconnect the defroster control cable. You will see the heater core. Undo the control valve cables and then the screws that hold the core. disconnect the hoses on the firewall side and you can pull the heater core out from the front. Pretty simple job, maybe 20 sheet metal screws.
Lynn

chapingo17

It probably looks harder than what it is. Thank you.

clusterbuster

I have had mine out a couple of times and never removed the glove box liner. As above, not a hard job at all.

Contibob

Depends on which heater you have. All of my cars have the upgraded heater. Very simple to remove/replace. Pretty straight forward.

chapingo17

Thanks again I will remove tomorrow.

RICH MUISE

The factory installed heater Lynn talked about will use  both large holes in the firewall (engine side). The motor pulls air in thru the cowl. If you have a block off plate on that top large hole above the weld flange, it is a dealer installed heater. The dealer installed heaters do not use fresh air, but just recirculate the cabin air.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe