News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Started by Bill in Halls, 2016-09-23 16:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill in Halls

Hey, I just got registered. Are all the posts here years old, or am I not doing this right. I have two Fairlane 500's here in East Tennessee, a two-door hardtop and a Town Sedan. Don't you just love the way those Y-Blocks sound?

57redwhitered

Welcome to the forum.  I don't know where you were looking, but this is a very active place to find out anything related to our beloved 57s.  Pictures are always welcome and encouraged. 
1957 Skyliner

Lgcustom

Welcome aboard! There's no better place to find info about your '57. These guys are a deep well of knowledge and not selfish about sharing.

JPotter57

I agree about the Ys...The best sounding engines in the world are the Y and the FE.  Nothing like them.  Welcome to the group.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

Ecode70D

Bill
    Welcome to the site.   The people that you meet here are very helpful and serious about 57 Fords.
If you have questions, just ask and you will find that someone here has been there and done that.
    Yes there is nothing like the sound of a Y block.  I don't have a radio in mine because I would rather hear the engine.   Jay in Mass.

Ford Blue blood

Welcome aboard Bill.  Best forum on the net.  Good guys, smart guys, and all willing to share info.  None are judgmental.
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

junior58

Welcome aboard. Like me, you will find the people on here to be the most helpful and friendly bunch you could ever ask to be associated with. Even though I am way down here in New Zealand, nothing is too much trouble to help another '57 fan.
But we live for photos.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

Contibob

Welcome, I am with you on the sound of a good ol' Y-Block. I hear people that put down these old engines but I have had nothing but amazing service out of mine. Glad to have you on board. What area of the country are you in?

Contibob

oops, just reread your post and see you are in east Tennessee.

sprink88

Welcome from Minnesota.  I have always said the FE is a big blok you block but you can't match the sound of a young block.the one this is miss
~Chris

Limey57

Welcome and I agree 100% with the other comments, there's nowhere more helpful than here for 57 Ford questions!
Gary

1957 Ranchero

Zapato

Quote from: Limey57 on 2016-10-06 06:40
Welcome and I agree 100% with the other comments, there's nowhere more helpful than here for 57 Ford questions!

Or some good friendly bantering. Welcome aboard

Zap -  :unitedstates:
Zapato

Cruise low and slow.......Nam class of '72

RICH MUISE

Particularly since he hasn't reposted since his original post, I'm wondering if he does have an issue with his computer...sounded kinda twilight-zone with the question about all the posts being years old. Maybe he'll post something else in a few years, lol.
welcome, btw.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe