News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Front door lock rod

Started by Mavaholic, 2015-09-13 06:15

Previous topic - Next topic

Mavaholic

Need one badly. Its holding up getting the last door together. Need the rod that comes up through the window frame and the lock button screws to. The post office is storing the only one a friend of mine had.

Thanks.

Sandiaman

Mavaholic

Got one on the way. Thanks

Mavaholic

I just thought I'd relay some shipping information for future use, to maybe save someone some aggravation. About 3 weeks before I put this request up I ask a friend of mine for one. He sent it but after 2 1/2 weeks I never got it. So I was complaining to my wife, who is a retired postal employee, about the postal service. After determining the way it was shipped, just stuck in an envelope, she said all flat envelopes go through machines and it probably got jammed. If so, they just get it out and throw it into the dead letter file.  So I put this request on this board for another one. A kindly person offered to send me one. I explained about the first one and requested it not be sent in a flat envelope. I offered to pay any expense to ship it to ensure I get it. I received an email saying it was shipped but 2 weeks later I still had not received it. He had put it in a flat envelope although he did line it with thin cardboard. The type cereal boxes are made of. So I came back here and a second gentleman offered to send me one. This time it was put in a padded envelope with a tracking number and I received it in a couple of days. Money well spent. About 1 week after receiving the third rod, the first one, sent by my friend, arrived. It was repackaged along with the ripped up envelope. The rod was slightly bent. About 3 weeks later the second rod arrived, again repackaged and a little worse for wear. So my advice is never send anything other than paper by flat envelope. I am way guilty of doing this myself in the past and now wonder how many people didn't receive what I sent. For the record, I'm referring to the typical letter sized envelopes.