News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

radiator core support assembly

Started by jwtdvm, 2009-05-12 14:23

Previous topic - Next topic

jwtdvm

There is a stud in the middle/bottom of rad support--this goes thru the frame--part of the "bolt" assembly is a flat plate maybe 6" long with hole incenter and curved--for spring/tension reasons I guess--my question is where does this plate go??--between the support and frame? or under the frame? Inside the "braket" that is under the frame proper? and which way does the "curve" go??

KidKourier

It goes between the core support and frame with the curve pointing up towards the core support. It goes like this---core support-1/4"hard rubber gromet-curved metal-frame mount-1/16"x2"metal spacer-another metal spacer(clip?)--another 1/4" hard rubber gromet--round 1 1/4 or 1 1/2 washer--and the nut. Anybody with a '57 shop manuel post a picture(visual aide). KID

Frankenstein57

Anybody know why they did this? My guess is the frame/car has a bit to much flex, so this was cooked up to soften the shock to the radiator. Just my 2 cents worth. Mark

casadelwacko

Hello,

I knew somebody would ask this question and I had the same one. I had a brain fart so I couldn't remember exactly how it went. I have a shop manual and it doesn't show this anywhere. If some body has a pic it would be great.

Thanks Casa

Ford_Crazy

I have been looking for a diagram of this assembly for a long time.  It isn't in my shop manual. Sure would be great if someone could post a picture?  Thanks!

Marc

I've got the diagram on my computer at work. The home computer is a Mac, and the disk with the diagrams wouldn't run on it. I'll post it for you tomorrow. I put mine back in a few weeks ago and found out it's been in wrong since the last time I had it out, about 15 years ago. Didn't seem to make a difference.

57chero

Im not sure what purpose it serves but it came in handy when I was bolting the front sheetmetal back on after I painted my ranchero, I had to wide of a gap where the rockers and the bottom part of the front fender meet, so when I tightend the bolt a little at a time it closed up the gap.

Marc

Here it is..

casadelwacko

Thats great thank-you very much

Casadelwacko

Ford_Crazy

Pefect!  Thanks for the help.