News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

outside mirror placement

Started by rmk57, 2009-07-27 17:43

Previous topic - Next topic

rmk57

I've seen them mounted on the fender, door,  window frame. Where did the factory mount them, or doe's it differ from model to model?
My 70A has it placed about 3 inches behind the antenna, and although it looks correct someone pointed out it isn't. Not a big deal, my 1970
Mustang has the radio antenna mounted on the rear quarter while some are on the front fender,so both are correct.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

Lou

Outside review mirrors were not mounted at the factory, they were all dealer mounted, and from what i've seen they could be mounted anywhere. Just set it where you can see with it.

rmk57

Makes sense, that probably explains why my antenna is mounted on the drivers side to.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

JPotter57

One of my old 57 Customs had the antenna on the driver side too.  I always thought that was weird....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

rmk57

My car has the original fenders still on it and feeling the bottom of the passenger side there
hasn't been any repair work/welded up holes so I assume it's correct. Yes it is strange with
the antenna the same side as the mirror.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

57 Ford Kustom

Back in the day the antenna were longer 4 or 5 section and they were sometimes mounted on the left side so you did not hit branches beside the road and break or bend the antenna

TOM :unitedstates:
aka:Bluedot Kid 2
To fast to live, to young to die.