News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

How to post pic's

Started by johns2000, 2009-07-30 07:04

Previous topic - Next topic

johns2000

How do you post pic's? I did the attachment deal but pic's didn't download?

Thanks

57AGIN

Johns2000:

It is pretty easy.  Here is a long explanation, but step by step and I hope you don't think it is too basic, as I don't have the first clue what problem(s) you may be encountering in your posting attempts. 

First you have to make sure your picture is properly sized to meet the posting requirements.  I use the Microsoft Picture Manager program, which is very easy for me (a non-computer guru).  My camera takes pictures at about 1.2 megabytes (very good definition, but way too big for the club's posting requirements the max size of which is 300 kilobytes)  To resize your pictures you need to change the number of pixels in the verticle and horizontal (I believe the max allowed by our web site is 600 x 800 pixels.  My camera shoots at about 1200 x 1500 pixels.  Once the picture is reduced to the proper size, hit the "Additional Options" button below and to the left of the text box you are typing in.  Then hit the "Browse" button to the right of the "Attach" line.  This will take you to your computers files, then you select where you have your picture files in your computer files, select the picture you want, then hit the "open" button in the lower right side.  After doing all this, hit the "post" button in the lower middle of your screen and your picture should post.  Good Luck.

Bob
57 AGIN

johns2000

That's what I did and thought my pic size was OK but will recheck, thanks.