News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Ranchero Gas Tank

Started by FoMoCoGuy, 2009-08-19 11:58

Previous topic - Next topic

FoMoCoGuy

Anyone have a line on a new gas tank?  I know they are pricey, I just can't find anyone that has one.  I've tried Bob Drank, MAC, EarlyV8Fords, Pete and Jakes, Concours Parts, Dearborn Classics and Hemmings.

Thanks,
Mercer

johns2000

I've seen some on ebay listed as replacements for 57-58 Fords, not sure how close to original they are but you could emaiol them.

57chero

www.denniscarpenter.com shows them in there catalog and online $450 part# B8A-9002-A

FoMoCoGuy

Dennis Carpenter is Out of Stock....forgot to add them to my already tried list.  Thanks!

shopratwoody

I had to buy a used one and have it refurbished. They didn't make new ones at the time and mine
was lost during the cars racing years, It probably cost as much as a new tank to redo it. A local
shop coated and installed a 3/8 pickup in it. Bought a used sending unit from the Ranchero Wizard
back then.So if you got a used one you may have to go that way. Good Luck  :unitedstates:
Ron
I hate blocksanding!

FoMoCoGuy

Found a tank at FordKraft.  $425 + shipping

ranchero57

Depending on how much work(butchery)you want to do or are capable of doing,you could do what I am doing,get a poly tank for a 48 ford car from speedway motors.Remove the rotted sheet metal that that original tank fit underneath and fab the mounts.there is also enough space back there to mount the battery. the tank cost about 230.The original filler pipe can be made to fit.I think the tank holds 18 gal.After the installation the entire set up can be sheet metaled over or under depending on your preference.This is what I am doing to my ranchero,including moving the battery to the rear.Oh by the way I am also getting very tired of block sanding too.Campy---ranchero57

Ford Blue blood

Thats "long boarding"........:<)

Quote from: ranchero57 on 2009-11-04 20:20
Oh by the way I am also getting very tired of block sanding too.Campy---ranchero57
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II