News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

57 club sedan windshield replacement

Started by 57clubsedan, 2009-11-15 15:40

Previous topic - Next topic

57clubsedan

I cracked my windshield today so I am looking at replacing it. Two questions, first where can I find a new windshield?

Also what do I need to know as far as removing trim and replacing the windshield? Any special quirky things about replacing the windshield or just standard no problem procedure? Thanks for any and all info.

Charlie the windshield rookie.

wildhog

CHARLIE, YOU CAN GET A WINDSHIELD FROM ANY LARGE AUTO GLASS CO. IN YOUR AREA. IF YOU WANT TO DO IT YOUR SELF. YOU CAN GET A NEW RUBBER SEAL FROM DENNIS CARPENTER AND A GLASS FROM AUTO CITY CLASSIC 800-828-2212 WWW.AUTOCITYCLASSIC.COM. IT IS NOT A TERRIBLE JOB BUT YOU HAVE TO BE CAREFULL NOT TO BEND THE STAINLESS TRIM.( NOW IS A GOOD TIME TO POLISH STAINLESS TRIM). FOR THE TIME THIS WILL TAKE AND IF YOU HAVE NEVER DONE ONE BEFORE IT MIGHT BE BETTER TO PAY THE GLASS CO. TO INSTALL IT. HOPE THIS HELPS TOM
JUST A MIDNIGHT CRUISE DOWN THUNDER ROAD (TOM DRUMMOND MIDWEST DIRECTOR)

cool57

When I did mine the Carpenter seal came with pretty good instructions. It was my first windshield install and it was a FL 500 (more stainless). The job went surprisingly well. You do need four hands or more :003: If you have comprehensive insurance let the glass guy do it, watch and learn.