News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

Clarke abrasive blaster question

Started by johns2000, 2009-11-20 15:05

Previous topic - Next topic

johns2000

Anyone have one of these Clarke abrasive blaster or use one? Bought the whole setup from a guy who never used it but I can't get it to keep working without plugging up? He gave me two bags of the Black Magic abrasive you buy from TSC stores, it's dry, my compressor is big enough, not sure what grit this stuff is but doesn't look likes its to big? I've used the Black Magic stuff before in my little hand held blaster with no problems? I like using a blaster on heavier stuff before welding and thought this would workout great, help?

Thanks in advance

ranchero57

I had the same problem blasting my ranchero parts,the grit was too big.I noticed what looked like tiny pieces of wire mixed in the media.I had to buy a different brand.I started out using sand and the blaster was plugging up,I completely disassembled it and found all kinds of crap in the hopper and lines.I think someone thought it was a garbage can.Be careful in a fit of aggravation, after repeated stoppages ,I jerked one of the hoses off(still under pressure)removing all the skin and damaging the tendons in my left hand.Campy ranchero57

JPotter57

Same problem here.  Most of the time, mine gets a couple pieces of rock or something in the fine beads, and it will stop up the orifice pretty quickly.  It is aggravating, and when you change media, be sure to take the pickup off at the bottom and completely empty the hopper...save you a lot of time to be sure its completely empty before adding the new finer media.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

johns2000

Thanks for the info guy's, after looking at the Black magic stuff it does look like there's larger pieces in it that could be causing the problem!!

shopratwoody

I have a cheap HF cabinet (200) and with the glass beads I bought from them works exlt.
Ron
I hate blocksanding!