News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

wheels the

Started by Smooth150, 2019-07-29 05:03

Previous topic - Next topic

Smooth150

Looking for info does anybody know if 56 ford 15in wheel will fit my 57 ford with disc brakes?

RICH MUISE

Can't say for sure, but I'm 95% sure if it were that easy, so many in the past would not have struggled to find the elusive 15"wheels from a Ford product that came on disc brake cars. Lincoln Versailes? Granada?
I think it was Rich Kurbouski (I know i butchered the spelling), that did some research on that.
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

rmk57

Mine did. 15x5 56 wheels with stock 1969 Torino, Mustang, rotors, calipers. Cant speak for Wilwood or other aftermarket stuff whether it clears or not.
Randy

1957 Ford Custom
1970 Boss 429

RICH MUISE

Thanks for that. I thought I vaguely remembered someone having a different finding. So, like you said, maybe depends on which disc brake setup he has.

Smooth150

55 56 wheels will not fit my front disc brake hub 3in? my disc brake set up looks like scarebird brackets on factory spindles gm calipers for sure heard the wheel vintques make wheel with the right size hub there over a hundred bucks each Ouch!!

RICH MUISE

This may/may not help.......I recently got some disc brake kit components info from Dave at drop n stop. In his notes relating to the parts list, he stated that the rotors he used were 75/80 Granada, BUT he turns "the nose or register, to the smaller diameter to fit more wheels".
So, with that in mind, maybe your rotors need the same alteration.? Of course, the main thing still is whether or not the calipers clear. I'm just saying if it's only the center hub............

Smooth150

That's great tip thought about it just never did it i think that's what ill do