News:

Check out the newsletters posted at our main club site:  http://57fordsforever.com

Main Menu

1957ford.com live....for now.

Started by JPotter57, 2017-05-16 15:15

Previous topic - Next topic

JPotter57

I am waiting on some artwork for the site, and I still have to upload a LOT of the gallsery images up, but i wanted to go ahead and put up what I have.  It was a lot of work to redo the site, but I am proud of it.  It is my first attempt at a Wordpress site vs. pure html like in the past.  That technology is long obsolete, and I wanted to give the site a nice facelift, so here we have it. Eventually, the navigation bar buttons will also be at the top of the forum pages, so that you can get to anywhere from anywhere on the site.  For now, though, I am leaving the forum alone since it is working well.  Notice on the models page, the only page that has any photos or galleries on it is the 70A page, custom Tudor.  I did that, because that is what i had the most photos of that were already sorted, so that I cold just instantly upload the images and it would make the galleries for me.  It is similar to what 1957ford.com had before, but a little tidier, and all in php now instead of asp.  As soon as I get the time, I will try to get my other images sorted and uploaded to the site to display in their own pages.  For now, I just wanted you to see that I havent totally laid down on our investment.  It just takes a lot of time to sort and upload images, especially on a hotel internet connection.  Eventually, i will make another media page for videos I have found on the internet such as `57 Ford commercials, drag races featuring 57 Fords, 1957 NASCAR races, etc.  There are literally hundreds of things like that out there.  Plus, I have some video from the old Y block races, some personal video of my car, and some of other friends at the track.  Let me have a little feedback, if you like it, things you might like to see added, other than the thousands of pictures I have to sort out obviously.  Thanks in advance....
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

hiball3985

Great news. I just looked and it's coming along nicely, thank you for all your work and time to make it happen..
JIM:
HAPPY HOUR FOR ME IS A GOOD NAP
The universe is made up of electrons, protons, neutrons and morons.
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Lgcustom

djfordmanjack

1957Ford.com is back ! hurrah! thanx for making it happen, James!

fordaholic

James, on behalf of all of us up here in the great white north.  Thank you for saving this site. My neighbor and friend Jeff hasn`t chirped in yet but he will, I am sure. Winters would be unbearable without this  site to follow.    Thanks  Gary 

junior58

Had a quick peek, looking good. Will need to sit down and spend some serious surfing time going through it all. Thanks for preserving such a site.
Steve McKnight
57 Fords International - NZ chapter

chapingo17

JPotter57

You'll have to wait on the serious surfing, JR...there is a lot of stuff left to put up.  Some of it will be reasonably easy, just time consuming, others will be a little harder, because of the way it was originally coded.  I have the .net framework installed on my laptop so I can run it the way it was originally put  together, then I have to take it apart and redo it in wordpress.  Not hard, just tedious.  I have come to the conclusion that I could have probably paid someone a couple grand to convert it, but I have learned a lot doing it myself.  Plus, I found that web stuff is still fun to do.
1957 Ford Custom 427 2x4 4 spd
Old, loud, and fast.

wv 57s forever

Marc

Looks great! Thanks for putting so much time & effort into this James.

Jeff Norwell

Outstanding James... there is a TON of work already..MASSIVE project.
Be in touch soon

"Don't get Scared now little Fella"

1957 Ford Custom-428-4 speed
1957 Ford Custom 300-410-4 speed

http://www.norwell-equipped.com

RICH MUISE

Looks great James.....I like it. Thanks for the hours and hours of work you're putting into this for us. It is very much appreciated. You're da man!!
I can do this, I can do this, I, well, maybe

hiball3985

I'll be looking forward to the racing section in the future, especially the Nascar pictures to see 57's as God intended them  :burnout:
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang

Ford Blue blood

That picture makes me want to cry thinking about the tons of 57 sheet metal that ended up in China.....never mind all the stainless we look for now!
Certfied Ford nut, Bill
2016 F150 XLT Sport
2016 Focus (wife's car)
2008 Shelby GT500
57 Ranchero
36 Chevy 351C/FMX/8"/M II

hiball3985

Quote from: Ford Blue blood on 2017-05-17 08:36
That picture makes me want to cry thinking about the tons of 57 sheet metal that ended up in China.....never mind all the stainless we look for now!
Yes, it's sad what happened to millions of the old cars. Just be glad we are SO lucky to still have a few to save for the future..
JIM:
1957 Ranchero
1960 F100 Panel
1966 Mustang